SAU Community

CS:GO

Birds

CS:GO

Anyone still play CS:GO? Ranks?

Game has reignited my love for CS after a few years on hiatus. Feels more like basketball playing in a 5 man team...

I started playing it again after 3 years... can't get past rank gold nova1. I've noticed it's really random, I have games where I ace and then 10 minutes later I find myself anchoring.

Alias is skudbrah

Last time i played was LE, but have not played in probably 8-12 months... 

Great game, it's just a shame Valve hardly supports it considering the money it makes. 

Used to play casually. got sick of the lack of variety. same old same old maps/spawn locations/match types.

There is no happy medium when it comes to online shooters. Its either extreme arcade/twitch shooter or full-on military "what the hell just shot me from 1.2kms away" games.

Playing Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield (which recently revived multiplayer) the co-op is good fun. Arma is fun, though really need friends with you. Been wanting to try Squad, looks good.

1 hour ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Used to play casually. got sick of the lack of variety. same old same old maps/spawn locations/match types.

There is no happy medium when it comes to online shooters. Its either extreme arcade/twitch shooter or full-on military "what the hell just shot me from 1.2kms away" games.

Playing Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield (which recently revived multiplayer) the co-op is good fun. Arma is fun, though really need friends with you. Been wanting to try Squad, looks good.

Totally not directed at battlefield lol

• Like 1

To be fair the most no scoping I have ever done in a game is in cs:go. 

Cs is a little different to the other fps in that it is all in muscle memory. Because the guns spray pretty much the same way each time, you learn how to move your cursor so you can pretty much garuntee most bullets will hit.

Battlefield requires a little bit of thought at long distance, though at close range it's so similar to every fps.

And cod is well... cod.

In saying that ALL fps are exactly the same if you want to get into higher ranks. Aim for the head, it's that simple.

Also the ump45 is broken in cs for the $$ value. Arguably the best value gun behind the deagle. 

On 3/18/2017 at 2:37 AM, SkudR33 said:

I started playing it again after 3 years... can't get past rank gold nova1. I've noticed it's really random, I have games where I ace and then 10 minutes later I find myself anchoring.

Alias is skudbrah

I was stuck between Silver and Gold Nova for ages. Nova 1 to 2 is still the hardest rank up I've achieved, and I've since gotten to DMG (post-update where they nerfed everyone's ranks with a curve of normal distribution and DMGs became MG2s etc).

It's difficult to get out of Silver/Nova because of smurfs, hackers, derankers/AFK, abandoners, a general lack of care by team mates and a lack of microphones. It's a toxic environment. All of this gets a bit better as you progress, although the tolerance for mistakes and friendliness of people gets a bit worse in the higher ranks as people become more vested in their ranks and everyone thinks they're global elite. When I was a Nova I was queuing with LEs and mid-fragging their games, so you can imagine how frustrated I was being stuck in it lol

My only advice would be: add and queue with players you know are as good as you and have microphones - best advantage over other teams in that rank and that alone can carry you to Nova 4 at least. Headphones to hear footsteps if you don't already have them. You can also pretty much spray a P90 (learn the spray pattern) up until MG1 because most Novas don't aim for heads. Ranking up is hard work, but the game does become more pleasant around Nova 4 / MG1. That said, some of my best memories of CSGO were forged mucking around with some good friends in Nova 2 and 3.

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, niZmO_Man said:

Didn't they change the sounds of guns?

Yeah. Used to them now but at first they sounded shithouse. Hear the old sounds on YouTube clips and they still sound better.

I actually enjoyed Black Ops on PC more than I did CS. 60 hours in and I was pretty solid in general matches, I loved a good aggro with spray n pray guns and a knife. I feel like the tactics in CS are shallow and dull, there doesn't seem to be any real adaptation, it's just the same old thing 50 times with teams alternating strategies over 15 rounds or whatever

• 2 weeks later...

When I was in the States I moved up to LE but since relocating to Korea I stopped playing comp and lost my rank. I have played maybe 6 comp games in 8 months and feel like the servers are not very good. I always have lag issues and every player has 100 hours on private Russian/Chinese accounts hitting ridiculous head shots... I still enjoy the game just wish Valve or ESEA would put a server in Korea. My SN is Skitzafit02 (I think) and my avatar is of Ayrton Senna if anyone cares to add. 

2 hours ago, niZmO_Man said:

People still using aim bots and wall hacks?

People never stopped. It dies down a little when Valve does a VAC wave but then kicks right back up when the game goes on sale and people snatch up a bunch of accounts for cheap that they don't mind get banned. ESEA has a subscription ($6 monthly) which is actually pretty nice. It deters cheaters (some still exist) as cheaters generally won't cheat on an account they are paying a subscription for. ESEA supposedly also has a better anti-cheat than VAC. Only problem with ESEA is everyone is a try hard because they are paying and don't want to deal with a MM style environment.