SAU Community

Suggestions on wheels. R32 GTS4

Hello guys it's been a pain painstaking year and a half, and I'm now almost finished my gts4 project. All my mechanical parts are almost done and I'm soon ready for pain. I'm interested in know what wheel size and offset do you think I should go with. I have a set of factory clean r32 wheels that fit the car well and there super light, and I like that.
But now I'm thinking of a set of good Japanese light weight wheels that obviously look great. I like the concave look. I really would like for the wheels to be a good size, and the tubs are rolled already. I just don't know what size and offset would work, as this car is a bit slimmer than a gtr. I don't want to run no massive negative camber. I'm looking for 18 x ???
Any help would be appreciated.

8" +35 are the widest wheels (assuming same size all around) that fit on R32s without starting the "rubs here" "rubs there" "remove the liners" "roll the guards" circus.  Maybe 8.5 with just the right offset.  Can probably run 9s on the rear with a +45 offset.

R32 GTR wheels are 8" +30 and they do poke out just that tiny bit more, which actually looks fine, but changes the rubbing risk from being inner liners to rubbing the guard lips.

I have 17x8" +35 with 235/45 all around.  With just a little bit extra castor wound into the fronts they will scrub the front of the inner guard liner.  With just a little bit less castor they can touch in the rear of the front wheel well on heavy suspension bump travel.  Other than that they sit just inside the guard lips and I haven't had to do anything to the lips.  If I was willing to not be able to swap wheels front to rear, I'd have bought 9s for the rear.  I'm sure that there's enough room.

Obviously enough, the width of the tyre and the profile will also determine how far away from the hub the "corners" of the tyre get to, and so where they will rub.  If I had 245s on my car I'm sure I would get s few more rubbing noises.  But if I had 245s and a profile that made the tyre not quite as tall, then I might not.

Edited by GTSBoy

I'll look around for some wheels for now I'll try the r32 gtr wheels.
After all I was lucky enough to get a mint set. Nice to know there 8s +30. I didn't know that. But I'm sure there marked somewhere on the rims.
I took a look and the rear could fit some wide wheels I'll post up photos I tried on of my r33 gtst wheels and it sticks out in the rear just a bit But if the offset were higher it may clear because there was like an inch and a half left on the inside before it touch's and arm. None the less it's not what I'm after. I'm looking for a square stance. And the 9s may me my choice. At 9s I should look for +45, damn that's up there. You guys think 255 will fit with a 35 side wall. Better be safe and go 235/45.