SAU Community

Funny things asked

Ceffo

I dunno about u guys but I have been pulled over/had peeps ask about my car at the lights constantly here in sydney since i have had it. Such is the feeling of owning a rare sleeper here in sydney.

Some scenarios:

1. I was once at the lights and ended up chopping some guy in a riced up honda civic vtir.

Ok so next set of lights the guy in the passenger gets out (I thought i was gonna get my car smashed so i had the door unlocked ready to go :D

So in the middle of traffic the guy gets out and starts asking me if i wanted to sell my car and all this other stuff. What car, parts, mods, engine .. etc etc. :)

2. Got pulled over by some undercover cops because i had no front bar (it was getting a respray). I thought was getting a ticket or something but ended up answering questions like?

1. Is that car turbo? .. I said no.. *he didnt really bother to look under bonnet)

2. Gee its kinda looks like a maxima/magna?

3. why is there such a large exhaust?

4. Why is it lowered so much for a family car? .. (he asked this once i had said it was my family car).. I said it was beacuse i liked to have a cool look.

Finally waved me on after that.

3. Some guy followed tailgated for like ages till i got into a servo station just to ask me wtf the car was as he was looking for one to drive his wife and kids around yet he could flang it once in a while. When i told him how much power and how much i bought it. He said where the fcuk u get a car such as that with that power and style for such a low price. :)

Im assuming some of u guys have been asked these q'ns had people stare at u before once u rip past em. Kinda getting used to it.

ceffo.

hahaha thats unreal... i wonder what i'll get asked.

Inark.. with your ride man.. peeps are gonna harass u ten fold more than i have been through since u got the bling bling pimp mobile. Esp with the VIP kit and all.

lol nah i reckon ud be more likely to be asked in stock mode as mine already looks likes its been moded heaps so it wont be as much as a surprise :)

I always get rednecks flying up next to me and wana race me (commodores,falcons), i guess its because i have a 7" cannon out the back, anyway they are really shocked when i spin the wheels and start pulling away from them rather quickly, lol

Mine gets called a Cosmo a LOT. I've also had it called 'new school torrana' a camary pops up a lot, VN commodore, the TRX bluebird, that was a good one, Accord, gets called a Chaser a lot atm, people must have worked out cosmos are 2doors, and chasers have 4... But the funny thing is, most of these people have READ all the badges on the car, and they still call it a mazda or toyota...

Went to the snow on the weekend. And the amount of teenagers on holidays staring asking me about my car was hilarious. I was at jindabyne (middle of whoop whoop where there are next to nil imports) getting my gear from rebel when i walked out and there were 4 teens hanging around my car as if it was a autosalon car. :wassup:

So they asked me if it was a cefiro and i siad yes. Should have seen the look on their eyes. Felt like a movie star. Couldnt help but get a big head. So i took four of em on a little spin a bit down further for a drift around a wide bend. And the poor buggers nearly shit themselves all this on standard boost.. LOL

Ended up giving out meggala.com cards to go see his website for importing and so forth.

Also the amount of commodore/ford drivers getting terrified as u rip past em on the freeway and your turbo spools/BOV goes off. See their faces as they look at your car at the next town and realize they were outrun by a "family car"

Went to the snow on the weekend. And the amount of teenagers on holidays staring asking me about my car was hilarious. I was at jindabyne (middle of whoop whoop where there are next to nil imports) getting my gear from rebel when i walked out and there were 4 teens hanging around my car as if it was a autosalon car.  :wassup:  

So they asked me if it was a cefiro and i siad yes. Should have seen the look on their eyes. Felt like a movie star. Couldnt help but get a big head. So i took four of em on a little spin a bit down further for a drift around a wide bend. And the poor buggers nearly shit themselves all this on standard boost.. LOL

Ended up giving out meggala.com cards to go see his website for importing and so forth.

Also the amount of commodore/ford drivers getting terrified as u rip past em on the freeway and your turbo spools/BOV goes off. See their faces as they look at your car at the next town and realize they were outrun by a "family car"

bahahaha :P love your work :D

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i once thought i saw someone looking at my ceffy, but i was mistaken he was just perving on my girlfriend in the passenger seat...

i can't wait till the rims get here so my car will look "cool"

I have only owned my cef for a few weeks and I have copped the 20 questions at petrol stations almost everytime I stop to fill up, but so far the most rewarding lil' stint I had was when a green P plater in a more or less brand new VY clubsport 260kw came up next to me at the lights...

now Im not one for racing on the street but new car and when I heard him rev it up just before green I had to give it a go, blitzed him, he then waved me over chatted to me for a good half hour - not to mention he was shocked and appalled that my cheap modded import just smashed his expensive new pride and joy :wassup: