SAU Community

I bet you have never had this problem!!!

I just got back from a couple of weeks in Bali and unlocked my car for the first time in 14 days and went for a spin on Sunday. The car felt great except for one major problem.

The bloody horn sounds every time I turn the wheel half way around either to the left or right. As you can imagine this is a major problem and last night as I turned a corner near my house I got pulled over by the police for sounding my horn for no reason.

Luckily for me the two cops were fantastic and after a brief demo they were in stitches of laughter at my prediciment. The three of us searched around the engine bay for the horn but we couldn't find it. (For once in my life these cops were nice)

Anyway I have the air bag model R33 GTST and the Constable named Chad told me not to play with the steering wheel as he reckons he has been called out to heaps of accidents with airbags causing broken noses etc.

Have any of you heared of this problem? Can someone tell me where the horn is in the engine bay. I will need to de-activate it until the weekend when I can take it to an auto elect

Anyway I have the air bag model R33 GTST and the Constable named Chad told me not to play with the steering wheel as he reckons he has been called out to heaps of accidents with airbags causing broken noses etc.

Have any of you heared of this problem?  Can someone tell me where the horn is in the engine bay.  I will need to de-activate it until the weekend when I can take it to an auto elect

One time I had a flatmate go out on the booze for a night, and left his car keys at home - we wired his horn to the left and right indicators.. had him quite confused for a while :headspin: Do you live with smartarses?

Thats the closest to that problem I have seen, sorry :Oops:

i have heard of 2 of my mates cars doing this :)

a vp comonwhore and an old beetle..

maby when you turn the two wires tighten up and touch and turn the horn on.. check the wires around your steering column from the horn button or something?

this happened to my sisters TA22 Celica old 76 model which was pretty damn funny... lol

My steering wheel makes noises when i turn it, kinda like something is moving around in there.. what could that be ?

Its terrible. I had this poor bastard in front of me last night waiting to merge into a busy lane of traffic and I had the horn going nuts behind him. I tried to park at the gym last night and it started when I turned left into the car park whlist there were 10 people standing around.

Simply remove the horn fuse located in ur fuse box in th engine bay im pretty sure

My horn is disconnected because i have a faulty fuse so try removing the fuse for it...taht should d/c it for sure :)

My sister had this problem when my nephew decided to start sticking coins in her steering wheel... there were heaps in there, and as she turned the wheel the horn would sound....

sounds like something has come loose in there, or something has gone in...

does the horn sound when you press the button(s) ???

Same thing happened to me out of the blue, when turning to left or right at 9 or 3 o'clock.

I had something flopping around inside the steering wheel which I thought was shorting it or something. I still haven't had it fixed, as they f**ked my airbag when trying to sort the horn problem and i never went back. So now I have no horn or airbag.

You could remove the horn fuse for the meantime.

Let us know if you find out the problem?

I had this. The wiring inside the wheel was jammed next to some earthed metal. When I turned a corner it would pull tight and the horn would sound. I suggest you pull the fuse, then get the wheel dismantled so you can have a look at the wiring.

funny stuff guys. i had a mate with a 626 and it was falling to pieces. anyway the slightest bump in the road would set of the horn. we went over those small bumby things (like a series of mini speed bumbs) so the horn went be-be-be-be-beeeep. plus there were sum "gangsta wannabes" nearby who would have thought we were trying to pick them up or something that was the funniest night of my life riding around in his car. although he now has it fixed :D

Another good trick to play on ur mates is to put a bunch of cable ties on their radiator fan. Makes em freak out and think their engine is stuffed

cable ties on the tail shaft works a treat slapping around on the trans tunnel. stones in the metal hub caps on old cars.