SAU Community

Forward Facing Plenum Issue

Got myself an FFP recently, all good and great, took off the lower runners so that I could clean them up, get rid of the 27+ years of road grime and stuff off of it. Ran into the issue of the there being 5 vacuum lines which I cannot identify nor can I find fittings for.

I've done countless searches via Google and I can't find anyone who's done a DIY on how to install this dumb thing. Am I missing something?! Even the search bar on this site spits out Google links but never lists anything on the forum.

I've got the manifold bolted correctly to the lower runners now, however I don't have the dimensions of what the 5 vacuum ports are. The one at the top side I'm assuming it's going to hook up to brake booster? Check valve? Then there's 4 on the bottom side, again no dimensions to speak of anywhere. I tried fitting with 1/8 npt and those are too big. That's the smallest size I could find at the parts store. 

How many ports are on your plenum? If not enough you can buy a little manifold like this:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Blue-Aluminum-Alloy-Vacuum-Manifold-Kit-6-1-8-Port-Turbo-Wastegate-Block-Black/172573257939?epid=1795072573&hash=item282e2af0d3:g:8pgAAOSwB09YMmFe

or one of these with a variety of fittings

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Aluminum-Turbo-Wastegate-Boost-Vacuum-Intake-Manifold-6-Port-1-8-NPT-Blue/122751111594?hash=item1c948951aa:g:gHcAAOSw8C9Z3u-R

for your brake booster, boost gauge, BOV, FPR etc

BTW there are at least a couple of threads on how to install a FFP in this site. Look at the DIY tutorials or just search with Google and it will point you to the SAU references as well as any others.

5 ports. Total, one large one on back end closest to the brake booster and 4 on underside which I'm sure are for fuel line and a vacuum gauge. Other two I don't know. 

The issue I'm having is any time I do a search via the SAU site I get crap Google results but no actual tutorials. The site redirects me to Google results only

10 hours ago, 89CAL said:

Boost gauge, Fuel pressure regulator, carbon canister and blow off valve should be the 4. Larger port is brake booster

Thanks, unfortunately there's no DIY links anywhere that I can find that say what sizes I need for the manifold.

Normally im a voracious reader and hunt information down easily, though here the SAU search button gives me zero results within the forum and 10 pages of Google sponsored ads when I search again. Am in for doing something wrong?

2 hours ago, 89CAL said:

Get some 4mm and 3mm boost line and some nipples to suit. They are all one or the other. The thread in the manifold should be 1/8 NPT/BSPT i believe

That's the whole thing, is the ports are smaller than 1/8 NPT, I don't know how, assuming it's because I followed someone's advise and bought the crap Plazmaman knock off manifold which I now regret since I'll have to literally take to the parts store and test fit a bunch of a threaded barbed fittings.

4 minutes ago, iruvyouskyrine said:

Whats the problem? Use the ports you need and blank/loop the un needed one.

The problem is that there's 5 ports (1 for brake booster which is an unknown size and thread pitch) and 4 smaller ones on the underside (only 1 is 1/8 NPT the rest are smaller than that). 

I'm just trying find a DIY link, diagram of the vacuum and coolant lines and just generally make some sense of this. I am still yet to install the FMIC and even so haven't had any luck with piping. In fact I ended up wasting $350 on piping from CX racing that doesn't fit the FFP. 

Unfortunately the majority of the links I find are either dead ends because the pictures are dead (not hosted anymore) or the SAU site re-routes me and gives me sponsored Google ads.

• 2 years later...