SAU Community

Issues Fitting 1/2 Height Injectors (1300, 1550, 1700, 2000, etc.) with Extenders to RB25 NEO Intake Manifolds

6 hours ago, AngryRB said:

Whats wrong with the r33 manifold, would certainly provide good flow for the 400kw's.. 

On 16/12/2017 at 10:38 AM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

My very last options are to either go back to a R33 intake manifold (gay) or buy a Hypertune (over priced) or equivalent plenum such as Otaku Garage/Madcat (China dim sim sui mai spec). 

Would be gay apparently lol

10 hours ago, discopotato03 said:

There may be a slight fix depending on how much material you can mill off the manifold face of the Neo lower section .

I had a look at the face and a problem is the lack of material around the front water inlet . This would limit how much you can machine off without enlarging this water passage .

If you are prepared to work around this and reset the injector height in the mounting hole it may just be enough to clear everything for your short EV14s .

A .

Scotty has tried to modify a spacer for me which looks pretty good however he didnt have a neo manifold to test fit them so ill give em a go when they arrive.

After a bit more digging it looks like injector dynamics have a spacer however they will not sell them seperate unless you can prove to them you have a set of their injectors.

Fuel injector clinic also looks like they might have a spacer that could work but havent contacted them.

Im confident Scotty can sort it out ?

10 hours ago, AngryRB said:

Whats wrong with the r33 manifold, would certainly provide good flow for the 400kw's.. 

I'm not aiming for 400kW :)

Also no one seems to stock the China plenum labelled Otaku Garage or Madcat. They all try and say they take 4 weeks to be made in house (in house in a factory in China) lol.

Asked for trade pricing and got a quote that's pretty much RRP with free shipping. 

Anyhow R34 NEO intake manifold off and swapping the R33 homosex shit back on.

Happy to say ill be using the xspurt 1550cc injectors in my neo manifold ?20171229_090500.thumb.jpg.15b2180118147e3a97b5c63ec74c33cc.jpg

Scotty came through with the goods and made up an adapter that works.

It does sit the injector back a little from where the factory one seats but after having a look from the other side i cant see it causing any problems.

I did just buy another manifold to chop up to see how thick they are in that area where the injectors are, when it arrives ill do it anyway just out of curiosity.

Once again thankyou Scotty ?

• Like 1

Hi Johnny , curious to know if its all up and running with the R33 inlet manifold .

I did a lot of searching and reading about injectors that could be suitable for the R34 Neo turbo manifold and there are a few options that aren't based on the short EV14 injectors . Thing is that the original Neo turbo injector looks more like a Bosch styled EV6 and the XR6 Turbo and R35 GTR injectors are similar or same dimensions . Luckily for us the 3/4 length EV14s are also similar dimensions . Overall I think the story is that if you want better top feeds for R33 go the half sized EV14 , or 3/4 length for the R34 Neo turbo inlet manifold . 

Starting an injector thread to keep this one on topic . 

We have run the "1650cc" half length injectors with the standard (well slightly modified) lower cap that is usually run on the 3/4 length extended nose "040" injectors before to get around this problem with the connector/socket fouling on the RB manifolds (other engines also have thus problem)

The "1650cc" injector has a very narrow cone spray pattern in testing and doesn't suffer from shrouding issues from having the pintle further up in an adaptor, we just put a chamfer edge on the final point to be on the safe side.

There is also a direct drop in replacement 720cc injector available for the Neo.

http://www.nzefi.com/product/bosch-720ccmin-high-resistance-top-feed-fuel-injector/

Edited by Sub Boy32

On 13/01/2018 at 5:07 PM, discopotato03 said:

Can we get you to measure the size of that water hole please

Cheers A . 

Approx 7.5mm, i measured a few times and got a different reading every time lol but that was the average.

19 hours ago, bilk06169 said:

ok peeps who has the fix ?  

my car booked in for tuning kinda stressing out now 

How you go mate, get it sorted?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bilk06169 said:

scotty is getting the ball rolling for me 

You will find with the adaptors on there you will have enough space to use a 90 degree orb to dash fitting in the center of the rail so you can run it twin feed ?

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 6:20 PM, Sub Boy32 said:

We have run the "1650cc" half length injectors with the standard (well slightly modified) lower cap that is usually run on the 3/4 length extended nose "040" injectors before to get around this problem with the connector/socket fouling on the RB manifolds (other engines also have thus problem)

The "1650cc" injector has a very narrow cone spray pattern in testing and doesn't suffer from shrouding issues from having the pintle further up in an adaptor, we just put a chamfer edge on the final point to be on the safe side.

There is also a direct drop in replacement 720cc injector available for the Neo.

http://www.nzefi.com/product/bosch-720ccmin-high-resistance-top-feed-fuel-injector/

It took some searching but I found some info on this injector , its Bosch EV14 0280 158 235 . Unmodified BTW .

"Should" be a drop in upgrade for a modest RB25DET Neo engine , 3/4 length EV14 with the correct Denso high guide connector . From what I read it has a 9 hole diffuser plate and supposedly excellent atomisation .

I guess if you wanted to run flex and aim for only 300-320 wheel wasps these could be the Neo ticket .

https://www.bosch-motorsport-shop.com.au/731cc-min-ev14-injector~4312

http://www.bosch-automotive-catalog.com/en_GB/product-detail/-/product/0280158235

OE Audi Injector ?

http://www.vehiclepartsdatabase.com/vehicles/all/audi/a4allroadestate/20tfsiquattro/cdnc/35027/fuelinjectors/bosch/0280158235

A .  

EV14 0280 158 235 720cc.PNG

Edited by discopotato03

Fine , re railing this topic .

As has been mentioned fitting the shorty EV14s to the Rb25DET Neo is difficult to impossible depending on how close you want the injector tip to be to where Nissan has it . The OE Neo Turbo injector looks like a licence built EV6 injector but by Nippon Denso with the Japanese high guide connector sometimes called Denso or Sumitomo . These injectors are very close to the Bosch 3/4 length EV14 injector length wise .  

Now because the upper water log , bleeder feed actually , on the Neo manifold sits further out from the manifolds face AND the injector tip is closer to the manifold face - the injector hole or well is deeper than on R33 RB25 manifolds .

Short EV14s are too short to seat/seal properly whilst having their electrical connector clear of the manifold casting . If you choose to make an adapter to sit the short EV14 higher in its well then there is no physical reason why this wouldn't work . The injector tip won't be where Nissans engineers intended it to be which would be my concern but hey - to each their own .

All of this is only an issue if you limit your injector choice to shorty EV14s . I know unmodified injector choices are limited over 1000cc's .