SAU Community

R33 boot stuck (valet switch)

hey guys, need some help.

was helping a random guy out to save him a long walk with his suitcase, when he put his suitcase in the boot he slammed it shut as hard as possible. now the boot it stuck and I believe the valet switch has moved down.

now the shit part, the previous owner of the car removed the key from the rear of the boot so you can only open it with the lever. it still has the rotating Nissan badge, but you can just see straight into the boot from the hole. so key is not an option.

I have taken out the back seat, taken the access panel off, but can't get to the switch because the guys suitcase is in the way, and the smart fellow put it on its side instead of flat so I can't go over the top of it to find the valet switch. 

I don't know exactly where the valet switch is in the boot, so if someone could take pictures. ones that are not direct close ups so I can try get at it with something long, just need a better idea of where the latch is.

other pictures I've found are all close ups.

sorry for disorganised post, written on my phone in a foul mood and in a hurry

I had this same problem and ended up just removing the 3 10mm bolts from the boot latch locking mechanism with a shit load of extensions on a ratchet and then lifting boot open.

The valet switch is behind the plastic trim at the bottom, you have to flick up a little plastic panel to access it. Mine was jammed, so i did the above.

I think I've found what I'm looking for, using my phone on record with flash on I think I found it, my switch also seems stuck though ?

from the pictures where my twisted coat hanger is(all I have, I'm not at home) is that the right spot?

Screenshot_20180408-194902.png

Screenshot_20180408-194840.png

20180408_194046.jpg

Yea, ill have to try something in the morning, sadly in 2300 kms away from home, so my usual arsenal of gadgetry (broom handles and crap around the house) is not with me. Not to mention my tool kit is under the idiots suitcase.

You could try getting said idiot to pull the boot release lever while you try push/pull the valet switch with the coat hanger. Pulling the boot release may make it easier to move the switch.

If you stick your finger in the empty lock hole, can you feel a little rod sticking out?
If that rod is there, pushing that to the side should release the boot too. Thats what the key lock basically does.

59 minutes ago, toldfield said:

Nope, hole is too small to get a finger in, but looking in you cant see anything either, just a tunnel with a slot cut out at the bottom.

previous owner removed because apparently it was easy to break into, so he says.

Obviously all he need to do was jam a suitcase in there lmao.....sorry

• Haha 1