SAU Community

Engine Oil Cooler Kit 2003 350GT V35 Skyline

Hi Guys & Girls

Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere, I did search the forums but could not fin the info. Please advise link if there is one and I will delete this thread (yes, I'm a total newbie)

We finally received our 2003 350GT V35 Skyline (Track Edition) last week. I'm looking for an engine oil cooler kit for it and would like to know if any of you have fitted one to your vehicles and which one you used? We are in remote Western Australia so we do not have performance workshops up here to be able to take our vehicle for a custom fitment. 

I have searched the internet high and low and made numerous phone calls but as the description of the part says it is for a 350z or Infiniti so I'm a bit sceptical to order a $1300+ part not knowing it 100% will suit.

To be honest I'm not the full bottle on imports,  my partner is the Skyline man (owned the R33 or R34 years ago) of our family but is away working and I need to organise one. 

I absolutely LOVE the car, so much better than the Hilux I used to own :4_joy:

If anyone could share their experiences it would be greatly appreciated.

LM

I guess it gets pretty hot in Western Australia but do you know you need an oil cooler? Maybe a bigger radiator would be better? If you do need an oil cooler I would expect a 350Z or Infiniti one would fit.

BTW I am currently driving a 350 powered Maxima which has not been overheating ...although max temps here are about 28 - 30 deg C on what we call a hot day.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply ?

I don’t think it’s a complete necessity but my partner is worried that with the average daily temp of about 38deg up here (over 40deg in summer) it would be a good idea. It hasn’t overheated or played up, more of a precaution.  

A larger radiator might be a good idea also.

It came with a wifi diagnostic module but I’m yet to fin a good app that I can link it to to pull the temperatures. I’m probably missing something so more research is needed ?

Unless you track the car i don't think you need an oil cooler.  I would keep an eye on the temps and maybe upgrade to alumin radiator if needed

• Thanks 1

The stock oil cooler should be suitable unless you are pushing it hard (as above, taking it to the track).

I don't think there was a 'track' version of the V35, although I believe there was a sports suspension option.

• Thanks 1