SAU Community

Newbie From Califorina

Hello All,

I purchased an Rb26 motor back when I was a bachelor in 2011 in hopes of swapping into a 240z. Long story short, I met my wife, bought a house, got a dog and had two kids... Needless to say, the project has been put on hold. Now that life has somewhat settled, i'm thinking of taking up the project again. Since i'm new to RB's i'd thought I would start with the motor first. The motor I purchased came mostly disassembled except the head and block. I figured that i would familiarize with it starting with a fresh rebuild. Im not entirely a newb when it comes to mechanics, just have never rebuilt a motor before let alone an RB26. Any suggestion on instructionals  or "how to's" would greatly be appreciated. All that to say is, I look forward to this community and its help.

• Like 1

+1

Please please document your build. It will be great for your own reference and for others as well. I always take pictures of before, during, and after. Sometimes it comes in handy when looking back to see where something was "supposed to be". lol