SAU Community

V35 window glass

How to open the door if the battery is flat is a thought that sprang to mind, so I wonder if anyone has had that happen and how did they get the door open?
I cant imagine how the window can be made to drop enough, or does the window drop when battery voltage is not present?

There is a conventional key inside your smart key. On the opposite side to the main buttons there is a small catch and that will allow you to pull out the key.  ( Don't have a V35 but that is the case with most Nissan smart keys).

I am not trying to pull out a key.
When the G35 pillar-less doors close, after the door shuts the window goes up 5 mm to go under the roof frame.
When you open the door normally, the window instantly retracts those 5 mm to allow the door to open.
So I am wondering, if the battery dies, how to get that window down those 5 mm, so thew door can be opened without breaking the window.

The fact is, it doesn't need to come down in order to open the door, as it doesn't sit deep in the body to begin with. There's enough flex to account for such a situation and not do damage.

Otherwise, imagine how many would be locked out of their vehicles due to a flat battery. It wouldn't be a clever design.

• Thanks 1