SAU Community

Farting/droning sound from rb25det

Hey guys,

My car ( series 2 r33 gts-t) has been making this strange farting noise anytime it's over 3000 rpm and under boost. Doesn't seem to be there if I just cruise up to 4-5000rpm slowly but when it starts boosting is when I have the issues (the rpm's go up but doesnt feel like it's pulling harder at all) I have attached two (shitty) videos of my attempting to capture it on video. You may need headphones but it's right at the end of each little pull. Some other symptoms I've notice which may be related:

-Terrible fuel economy (i get around 280km out of a tank!)

-Slight smell of fuel when starting the car (most the time)

- Massive decrease in power (Noticeably worse with A/C on)

Car seems to pick up quickly for a second and then goes really sluggish. Also worth mentioning that the sound appears to be coming from somewhere between the middle and drivers side of engine bay.

Ive attached this video link from a previous post because it shows the sound better than mine:

https://youtu.be/UmogggtKUd8

A lot of people say it could be the GTR blow off valve (I had one installed) what are the chances that could cause all my symptoms? The car only has exhaust, front mount, pod filter, splitfires and all the other usual noob mods. 

Thanks for the help!  and apologies for the longer than expected post ?

-