SAU Community

R32 fuel pump priming

Hey, needing help ASAP. 

My r32 doesn’t seem to prime. I replaced fuel pump, changed fuel pump relay, checked all fuses and eventually got car priming/ running again. With in 15 hours of starting it again it is no longer priming therefore not turning over... have a fully charged battery etc, out of ideas. Much advice would be appreciated, cheers 

19 hours ago, Ash101 said:

Hey, needing help ASAP. 

My r32 doesn’t seem to prime. I replaced fuel pump, changed fuel pump relay, checked all fuses and eventually got car priming/ running again. With in 15 hours of starting it again it is no longer priming therefore not turning over... have a fully charged battery etc, out of ideas. Much advice would be appreciated, cheers 

You say it is not turning over. You mean not firing? If it is not turning over (i.e. the starter is not spinning the engine) you have a different problem.

19 minutes ago, Ash101 said:

What else is needed to check with multi metre? Considering with what I have all ready done in regards to changing fuses etc. what wiring generally shits it self 

Back of ignition switch.

GTRs have a fuel pump control module, not sure about other models. This is what gives the pump low voltage at idle (by supplying ground via a resistor) then full voltage when required. Most take it out of the circuit and provide a simple earth, so the pump sees full voltage all the time, which doesn't seem to be an issue. I think theres a DIY on it - so search. The module is behind the drivers side rear seat side wall trim, but IIRC you can just put a new earth in the wiring in the boot.