SAU Community

EFR8374 + more

EFR 8374, IWG 0.92 A/R.  (slight damage to turbine wheel at edge)

6Boost T4 Divided Manifold to suit IWG.  Ceramic Coated.

Turbosmart IWG75

The lot for $2000ono.  (not looking to sell in parts at this point - it is cheap enough as is).

Guys, be aware that the reason for the cheap price is that the 8374 turbine wheel has sustained some damage.  I have provided a close up of the edge of the fins.  As you can see,  a small piece of something must have gone through it and it has taken 1 to 2mm off the outer edge (on all fins).  This was installed on an RB26/30 as per photos below.

I can say hand on heart that we did not 'know' about this damage. The car has been making the same outright power and I did not notice any lag etc.  The only reason we found it at all was that we removed the exhaust housing to get it ceramic coated and then saw it.   Believing this was a problem (and having some contacts at BW) we sourced a new one anyway and I have held onto this unit as a legitimate spare to throw on if we ever had an issue with the replacement turbo.   We never have, so its been in the cupboard for about 2years now.    We are now also going to bigger setup hence not needing this manifold and it made sense to move the lot as a kit.

For someone looking at upgrading from twins to a single and on a budget, this is good way to net you 600rwhp @1.4bar    (as this one did, even with this damage).  And then you're setup for upgrades later if you feel the need.

Parts 'missing' from it:   

1. You will either need to block the blow-off valve if you are using externals - or source a replacement one. (edit: I might have sourced one, so will confirm).
  2. I have kept the speed sensor, so you can either fit your own or block off.  

I'm not in a big hurry to move this - its just clean up time.   I could still use it as a spare, so while I'm open to some negotiation please don't super low ball me.  Its very cheap buying as it is..

IMG_4641.jpg

IMG_4642.jpg

IMG_4636.jpg

IMG_4639.jpg

IMG_4632 (1).jpg

Closeup fins.PNG

18836706_10154734212972756_2530618631699502221_o.jpg

• 2 months later...

Back up FOR SALE!

Unfortunately - sadly - I've been stuffed around by a fairly active member on here who wanted it - We had several emails and phone calls - even gave me his address to send it to.     Then put me off for a while due to some other bills. (which was fine) . 

I held it for him as he said he was still keen - but would need a month or so -  what do you know - now he doesn't return emails or PM's.  Nice.

I even went and found a replacement BOV for it for him - so the only 'missing thing' now is a speed sensor.

I wish people would just man up - if your circumstances have changed - just let me know - I'm not going to bite your head off.

Price drop to $1900 

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

@GTScotT

Yep - recent Dyno attached.  Yes we wondered about EGT at the time as well - but the general consensus was something small had gone through it. Can't be 100% sure -  Was making around 620 at wheels at the time - didn't have EGT sensors, but wasn't on the bleeding edge or anything.

Do have 6xEGTs now though!  And knocking out 684 on a hub dyno.   

(Note we are rolling on boost down low deliberately.)

Matt JW GTR.JPG

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 25/07/2021 at 3:40 AM, Bazil_1 said:

Might be a long shot but would you happen to still have the rear 4.375 gears you mentioned above?

If you’re chasing diff gears, Neat gearboxes manufactures diff gears for the R200 diff in a heap of ratios. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 27/04/2019 at 5:38 AM, R32 TT said:

Back up FOR SALE!

Unfortunately - sadly - I've been stuffed around by a fairly active member on here who wanted it - We had several emails and phone calls - even gave me his address to send it to.     Then put me off for a while due to some other bills. (which was fine) . 

I held it for him as he said he was still keen - but would need a month or so -  what do you know - now he doesn't return emails or PM's.  Nice.

I even went and found a replacement BOV for it for him - so the only 'missing thing' now is a speed sensor.

I wish people would just man up - if your circumstances have changed - just let me know - I'm not going to bite your head off.

Price drop to $1900 

Might be a long shot, but do you still have this? I'm interested.