SAU Community

40 minutes ago, SeanR32GtSt said:

car did 264whp 245wtq on 13psi

Ran out of maf and injectors today.

Good stuff.

Pretty much a waste of time trying without upgrading the AFM and injectors. You can make that much power on stock turbo. Spend more money, soon.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GTSBoy said:

Good stuff.

Pretty much a waste of time trying without upgrading the AFM and injectors. You can make that much power on stock turbo. Spend more money, soon.

I replaced the stock one due to oil seals giving way and it had a shit ton of shaft play in it. Who sells new replacement like z32 maf’s?

Don't put a Z32 into it. Buy an R35 (or other similar blade style sensor) and an adapter and fit it into a 4" inlet pipe to suit your Hypergear. Look at the Nistune site & forums for some guidance. Get some 1000cc Bosch EV14 based injectors & max out the turbo (or max out your fuel pump perhaps).

11 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Don't put a Z32 into it. Buy an R35 (or other similar blade style sensor) and an adapter and fit it into a 4" inlet pipe to suit your Hypergear. Look at the Nistune site & forums for some guidance. Get some 1000cc Bosch EV14 based injectors & max out the turbo (or max out your fuel pump perhaps).

+100000000

I regret buying the z32 maf on my car. Tuner set it up as a blow thru setup and I ended up having to purchase a alloy housing for it to go into as it blew the plastic one up. 

R35 maf is great.

5 minutes ago, Blakeo said:

+100000000

I regret buying the z32 maf on my car. Tuner set it up as a blow thru setup and I ended up having to purchase a alloy housing for it to go into as it blew the plastic one up. 

R35 maf is great.

My tuner mentioned using the r35 maf as well. I think there’s a NZ based company that sells them already done up in a 3”-4” pipe set up already. Can’t remember if they made a plug n play adapter for it. 

1 minute ago, SeanR32GtSt said:

My tuner mentioned using the r35 maf as well. I think there’s a NZ based company that sells them already done up in a 3”-4” pipe set up already. Can’t remember if they made a plug n play adapter for it. 

http://www.nzefi.com/product/nissan-r35-gtr-mass-air-flow-meter-upgrade-kit/

You just weld the bung onto your existing intake piping :)

No, that's bad. The Z32 sized pipe that is. See the bit where the AFM blade mounts? You can buy just that bit (like the one from NZEFI). Weld it onto some 4" pipe. Then you have a 4" inlet to your turbo, not the pissy little 3" inlet (which is what a Z32 is). You will surprised how much better that is. If you have the standard airbox, you will just have to make a bigger hole and work out how to securely connect the 4" pipe to it.

Keep in mind that if you are buying using US $, then your money is worth a lot more than the Pacific Pesos (which also use the $ sign) on the NZEFI site.

12 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

No, that's bad. The Z32 sized pipe that is. See the bit where the AFM blade mounts? You can buy just that bit (like the one from NZEFI). Weld it onto some 4" pipe. Then you have a 4" inlet to your turbo, not the pissy little 3" inlet (which is what a Z32 is). You will surprised how much better that is. If you have the standard airbox, you will just have to make a bigger hole and work out how to securely connect the 4" pipe to it.

Keep in mind that if you are buying using US $, then your money is worth a lot more than the Pacific Pesos (which also use the $ sign) on the NZEFI site.

Not to mention 4" will give the maf more resolution and make it easier to tune in general.

5 hours ago, Blakeo said:

Not to mention 4" will give the maf more resolution and make it easier to tune in general.

Incorrect, will be a  C U N T to tune, especially with getting the idle right with cars with big cams. Have had a few I barely can get to Idle nicely.

I prefer the R35 HPX MAF in a blow through configuration, however pre turbo is fine too. Yes air straighteners help heaps however cars with brappy cams and large pre turbo intake pipes generally have slow air flow (and also not linear flow) pass the sensor on idle.

This however can be suppressed some what if the pipe work before the sensor is long enough with a mesh.

1 hour ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

I prefer the R35 HPX MAF in a blow through configuration, however pre turbo is fine too. Yes air straighteners help heaps however cars with brappy cams and large pre turbo intake pipes generally have slow air flow (and also not linear flow) pass the sensor on idle.

This however can be suppressed some what if the pipe work before the sensor is long enough with a mesh.

So, would a standard R35 maf with a suck through set up inside a 3” diameter pipe be sufficient enough given i only have an rb20 with stock motor work and a G2 hypergear turbo.