SAU Community

R34 Air con wiring aftermarket ECU

skylinekrille

Bought my skyline r34gtt and a former owner had removed the AC system. Now I finally got my hands on a complete system and mounted it. I'm using an aftermarket ECU from Maxxecu and im a bit unsure how to get this to work, anybody done this?  The air con pressure switch seems to go into the standard ecu.

• 2 weeks later...

It does actually - in my LS I found this out the hard way when I was keen on retaining aircon.

The good news it is doable, and I have AC with the LS, but yes the brains of the system does go through the engine ECU by default. Sadly I didn't do the work myself, but it is doable without having to have the stock ECU in the car anymore (mine is gone) through a few relays done by people far more comfortable with AC than myself.

But sadly yes the Stock ECU does more than just "AC compressor engaged so raise idle a bit :/"

yeah i can set the idle and also control AC clutch and stuff with the ECU, im just wondering how i need configure it, if i look at the Standard ECU Pinout i see Pin 21 is Air Condition control switch signal, i would guess this controls the AC compressor clutch?  I had a huge wiring diagram once but got wasted in a big fire =( and the ones in the manual isnt that good.

well, and i also see on the standard ECU on Pin 57 is Refrigrerant pressure signal, wich should be to the pressure sensor located on the AC filter can.

And on Pin 78 is Auxilary electric Fan control relay signal, i guess this is just a return signal from the AC fan if you wanna tell the ECU that then fan is Activated, but im not sure

If someone has this big wiring diagram of the complete car i would really like it, in the general maintenace book that you find is just some small diagrams