SAU Community

ISO - Parts list for Manual Conversion on C35 Laurel

Mr.Doug

Looking for a complete parts list for a manual conversion on a C35 Laurel! Not a C33 or C34 gonna use a rb25det gearbox hopefully from an r33, honestly hoping I can use all r33 parts.

Already tried to use the search function cant seem to find much for a C35.

Thanks guys!

15 minutes ago, niZmO_Man said:

We down in Australia didn't get many C35 Laurels.

Oh ok wasn't sure, well might just look for a C34 then as I think I've seen some threads involving them while I was looking through the forum. I'll see if I can find some info around on a manual swap for one of those.

Thanks!

AFAIK, 35 is mostly the same as C34. The changes were just "facelift" for the body and "R34 equivalent Neo" mechanically. To that end, I would hope that C34 clutch pedal box might be the same as C35, and you might hope that R33 is same as C34/5 also. I would not presume that R34 clutch pedal box is same, but it really should be, because the main structural parts of the R34 are basically the same as R33 also.

The C35 should have R34 type gearbox, which means pull clutch. The C34 really should be same as R33, which is push. You can use either, but be aware that you can't mix and match pull gearboxes with push clutches and vice-versa without adding some extra hassle into your life.

2 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

AFAIK, 35 is mostly the same as C34. The changes were just "facelift" for the body and "R34 equivalent Neo" mechanically. To that end, I would hope that C34 clutch pedal box might be the same as C35, and you might hope that R33 is same as C34/5 also. I would not presume that R34 clutch pedal box is same, but it really should be, because the main structural parts of the R34 are basically the same as R33 also.

The C35 should have R34 type gearbox, which means pull clutch. The C34 really should be same as R33, which is push. You can use either, but be aware that you can't mix and match pull gearboxes with push clutches and vice-versa without adding some extra hassle into your life.

Ok thanks,  I'll definitely be doing quite a bit more research before I pick one to import!

5 hours ago, Mr.Doug said:

Ok thanks,  I'll definitely be doing quite a bit more research before I pick one to import!

There were no manual C35 Laurels and the C34 had a manual only for the diesel version so get one of those and change it to petrol power!

Here's  one:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/nissan/auction-2489978472.htm?rsqid=d8a0fc273c954b03ada32ae363c527a8-003

3 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

There were no manual C35 Laurels and the C34 had a manual only for the diesel version so get one of those and change it to petrol power!

Here's  one:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/nissan/auction-2489978472.htm?rsqid=d8a0fc273c954b03ada32ae363c527a8-003

Yeah I know about the C34 rather get one that's auto that already has the Rb25det in it as I already have r33 gearbox. And that ones a bit on the pricey end haha Maybe it's just pricey to me because I'm in Canada. 

4 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Here's  one:

Out of curiosity is the manual gearbox in the diesel c34 same as a r33 as well? Or are they pretty strong to run behind a rb25det?

IIRC, the first time I saw a C35 was on an old HPI magazine DVD. The car was used for "street" drifting, had an RB26DETT and I believe 5 speed out of R33. So it's certainly doable, and being a 90's Nissan, shouldn't deviate too much from C34/R33/R34.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes.