SAU Community

R34 inside tail lights not working

Hi guys 

So I just got a pair of new nismo taiI lights$$$$$$$$$$$ but when I hooked them up I noticed the two inside breaking lights don’t work

i looked it all up and I’ve found that in Australia the compliance’s disconnect/ cut the wires

the problem is where abouts in the loom is the cut or disconnected wires 

I have searched myself with no success so this is my last resort

thanks

jack

That can't be true.

R34s are not like R32s. The only rule that had to be complied with that required the modification of taillights on Skylines was that there must be no permanently illuminated taillights outboard of the rear indicators. As R32s have 4x taillights with the indicators in between, the outer taillights had to be disabled. That was achieved by cutting the wires that run between the inner and outer lights, and was easily restored by just reconnecting them.

Pay careful attention to the fact that I am talking about taillights, NOT brake lights. There is no problem with the brake lights being inboard, outboard, up high down low, upside down or any other relationship to the indicators.

R34s had the indicator in the centre of the inner light, which is the taillight and the outers are brake lights, so there is no problem with the rules. If your Nismo's outer brake lights are not working, then they might be stuffed in some manner, or stupidly modified in some way. Look for cut wires inside them. Play with a 12v drill battery and jumper wires to see if you can make shit light up. It's not rocket surgery.

My brake lights all work fine it is the tail lights( the one with the indicator in the middle) that are not working and there is no problem with the lights because I tested it with a one of those power checking things with the two prongs that you poke into each wire and it indicated that there where 0 wats going through the tail light wires  on both sides

46 minutes ago, Jacks red r34 gtt said:

I noticed the two inside breaking lights don’t work

Le sigh.

9 minutes ago, Jacks red r34 gtt said:

I tested it with a one of those power checking things with the two prongs that you poke into each wire

Do you know how electricity works?

• Like 1

You did not "check them". You poked holes in the insulation with multimeter probes in probably one place, found no voltage and gave up.

Go outside, open the boot, and START FOLLOWING THE WIRES YOURSELF!

There is no way that the wires in your car needed to be cut for compliance reasons because there are no compliance reasons to do so on R34s. Therefore there is no "common" place for them to be cut, so no-one on the f**king internet is going to be able to tell you what is wrong so you will have to solve the f**king problem yourself, like a f**king man. For f**k's sake.

You are not describing the problem very well.

If it is that one of a pair of tail lights (you started off saying breaking lights) is working and the other is not then just take power from the working light and supply it to the non working light (assuming it has a bulb which works).

Look guys I’m sorry ok I am new to all this so try not to be to harsh on me 

So I am open to being corrected

what I’m trying to achieve is to get the two inside (tail lights) with the indicator in the middle to work