SAU Community

Does ISR make good quality fuel injectors? I'm also curious if they are compatible with the Radium top feed fuel rail that I bought. I'm looking to buy some for my RB25det http://www.isrperformance.com/isr-performance-top-feed-injectors-750cc-set-of-6x/ and was wondering if this would be a good purchase. I'm shooting for ~400hp.

Yeah they look like they should fit no problem. 

I would think about getting something a little larger though, around 1000cc just to keep the option of E85 available in future. While those injectors can do 400hp on E85, they'll be close to their limit at that stage. 

Sorry can't say if those injectors are good or not, never heard of them. 

A set of Injector Dynamics ID1050x Fuel Injectors are only about $100 (USD) more then those ones and are a proven thing, I'd be looking at going with a set of ID1050x.

As as general rule I do not recommend buying any injectors that lack a diffuser plate. Also if you are concerned about transient fuel tuning you want to avoid the ID injectors, if you talk to Adaptronic they have mentioned that the wall wetting effects are much stronger with the pencil spray pattern used on the ID injectors when used in 4V DOHC setups because much of the fuel goes straight into the divider between the valves.

If you want to run E85 at all just go for the Bosch 0280158040 injectors, I believe NZEFI sells them with some adapters to be a direct fit for RB25DET with top feed fuel rail.

• Like 1

Google will explain it better then me, but roughly, e85 has a lower energy content so more is needed compared to pump 98. Expect to use an additional 20% to 30% more fuel compared to pump 98. 

It is worth running, but you just need to size your fuel system appropriately for it. 

6 hours ago, Jason062100 said:

The Injector Dynamic injectors have a horsepower range of 800-1200 HP, 1000-1400 HP. Should I go for something within my range?

Get the Bosch ones ...they will operate satisfactorily at low flows as well as at maximum.

If you have to have something that is "lower flow" the SARD Denso 850cc top feed high impedance injectors are nominally lower flow. But we're talking about 850cc vs 880-980cc depending on who you ask for the Bosch injectors.

Edited by joshuaho96