SAU Community

Installing Headunit Help

DONO

Hey everyone,

I'm chucking a new headunit in the car. I've loacted what i assume is the factory connector and it doesn't look like others I've seen. 

I'll attach a model of what I expected in the car vs a photo of the connector that I have. Is this right/factory? I'm very new to wiring, as well as harnesses etc so If I've gotten something wrong sorry.

thumbnail_20200731_140009.jpg

thumbnail_20200731_135959.jpg

Nissan-Wiring.pdf

I am pretty sure that is factory. The attached is the colour code.

But you would want to match up the original wires, in the back of the connector. 

r33 stereo wiring.jpg

Edited by elohim_imanu
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DONO said:

Hey everyone,

I'm chucking a new headunit in the car. I've loacted what i assume is the factory connector and it doesn't look like others I've seen. 

I'll attach a model of what I expected in the car vs a photo of the connector that I have. Is this right/factory? I'm very new to wiring, as well as harnesses etc so If I've gotten something wrong sorry.

thumbnail_20200731_140009.jpg

thumbnail_20200731_135959.jpg

Nissan-Wiring.pdf 21.26 kB · 1 download

Dont chop the loom up get a harness adapter for nissan.

44 minutes ago, trel said:

Dont chop the loom up get a harness adapter for nissan.

I'd much rather do that, but I can't find any pre 95 Nissan adapters for the headunit harness.

If I had a harness that was already completely f**ked up like that, I would not hesitate to just cut it all off and start crimping on some bullets. I mean, shit. It's a f**king 25+ year old Jap shitter that's already been disrespected by any number of people. Pull their crap out and start again.

• Like 2

Shit, when I posted those images weren't there... That's well and truly butchered. Go with GTSBoy's suggestion. 

Grab one of these an Aerpro 7201 bare end, and then find the suitable adapter for the brand of head unit, happy days.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've  finished my installation, my old headunit insert (black clip that goes into back of head unit) was already mostly compatible just had to file down the plastic to make it physically fit in, and only required to tap one wire for the AMP remote power.

Cheers for all the help fellas, but yeah no adapter around could fix the mess that was left over from past owners install. Luckily it didn't need to be completely redone.

• Like 1