SAU Community

V36 370gt wont start possibly immobiliser?

Hey ive had no problems with this car before its perfect but i might have tripped the Immobiliser somehow. It wont start now.

it was sort of turning the engine but not starting at first for a while but now the engine doesnt turn at all either after a few tries. The security light is on when the car is locked and im outside but off when im in and its unlocked so not sure what this is.

i might call in a mobile mechanic but do you think they can help?

edit: key light is on as well and windows stuck too

Edited by Redfield

1 hour ago, Redfield said:

Hey ive had no problems with this car before its perfect but i might have tripped the Immobiliser somehow. It wont start now.

it was sort of turning the engine but not starting at first for a while but now the engine doesnt turn at all either after a few tries. The security light is on when the car is locked and im outside but off when im in and its unlocked so not sure what this is.

Update: i got a battery replacement for the key. Didnt work. 

4 hours ago, Redfield said:

Hey guys for anyone interested or for anyone with this problem in future, in my case it was the battery needed replacement. All solved now. Happy as.

• Like 1

That was my first thought.

It always pays to have even just a cheap and crappy digital multimeter from Jaycar so you can actually measure your battery every now and then. It's a good way to keep an eye on the life of the battery and be prepared for the day you should consider replacing it before it leaves you stranded.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1