SAU Community

G'day from Japan! Project HR34 Coupe

Nippon_nick

G'day everybody! Its been a hot minute since i've been on here!

I'm an Aussie living in Japan.  Back home i've owned a nx-r, 33 gtst, 34 gtt and a v35. When i moved to Japan i wanted something different and bought a s15 spec r and a mira gino as a daily.  I always wanted to get another 34 and with prices going up and up and up, i thought f*ck it, scraped together what little i had and bought a auto hr34 coupe at auction while i could still afford it. It's a stock, rust free 1 owner car. The long term plan, is to convert it to manual gtt spec. But for now, im flat broke so it'l just be dropping all the fluids, detailing it and getting it ready for rego/shaken.

In a few months once ive got the cash to blow i'd love to pick everybody's brains about the swap. The det neo, gtt brakes and 33 gtst box are no brainers, but i know nothing about the suspension differences between the two, or the wiring aspect of it. So if anybody has done a full conversion i'd love to hear from you. 

Its good to be back in a skyline, even just a nuggety rb20 auto. So much more comfortable than the s15 ?

sau.thumb.jpg.53c901bfbbebe13b7ddc5055eb1ee39d.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome. I'm still of the opinion that if you're doing an engine swap on a lower end model Skyline, you should bypass the RB25DET altogether and go large. 3.6 or 3.8L V6 + 2 turbos, or a big 6+ litre V8. If you have to put effort into a swap, you might as well gain the most benefit from it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Welcome. I'm still of the opinion that if you're doing an engine swap on a lower end model Skyline, you should bypass the RB25DET altogether and go large. 3.6 or 3.8L V6 + 2 turbos, or a big 6+ litre V8. If you have to put effort into a swap, you might as well gain the most benefit from it.

I totally agree. So i will do lots of reading on here and see what others have done. The only reason i'm leaning towards a 25det is because i'm looking for something cheap and easy that bolts in and i can do myself, and will be easy to rego after. I can't do fab work and its very, very, very expensive here.