SAU Community

R32 power fc boost controller help

Hey guys. Trying to find out where the original boost solenoid cable is on my r32. It was a hcr32 but I have put in a rb26 with a single turbo . The loom was supposed to be from a 32 GTR but I can't find the 2 pin cable anywhere on it! No signs of anything being cut off either! Only have a spare 3 pin cable coming from roughly where it should be! Any ideas as I am stumped!!

Screenshot_20200919-195020.png

Yeah I replaced the stock GTS loom with what I was told was a R32 gtr loom so should have that t shape plug. But there is nothing there! Not even any cut ends or anything! Rather confused. 

Has anyone for a wire diagram for where it should be and what part of the harness so I can have a closer look to see if it's been removed or is missing or anything?

Edited by Hudeani_r32

16 minutes ago, Duncan said:

I guess we are probably getting to the real question now.

PFC does not do boost control directly. You need to buy the boost control adapter, and a solenoid, and wire the 2 together anyway.

Yes. I have the boost controller add on for it. That's what I'm trying to fit! It has the t shape plug on that plugs into where the factory boost solenoid would be but I'm missing that. That's the issue I'm having.

There's 2 pins on the factory connector for the solenoid - look em up and hook into them. You also have to run cable anyway (3 cores) for the Apexi MAP sensor which plugs into a different specific connector, so run another pair at the same time.

6 minutes ago, BK said:

There's 2 pins on the factory connector for the solenoid - look em up and hook into them. You also have to run cable anyway (3 cores) for the Apexi MAP sensor which plugs into a different specific connector, so run another pair at the same time.

I know there is! What I am saying is I do not have that connector on my loom! The map sensor is already run as I have a d jetro.

14 minutes ago, Hudeani_r32 said:

I know there is! What I am saying is I do not have that connector on my loom! The map sensor is already run as I have a d jetro.

No, you have to run a separate MAP sensor on Power FC purely for the boost control side mate, the boost control does not use the engine load MAPs which are tapped into the 2 X AFM signal wires. So on a GTR d Jetro you end up having three Apexi MAP sensors on an RB26.

6 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

There's more than one way to join 2 wires together.

Just take the plug off the Apexi loom and replace with a plug & socket from Jaycar. Other side of which you attach to the solenoid.

I don't have any 2 pin wire there to do that! That's the problem. The gts doesn't have the same boost solenoid as the gtr. Has one over by the turbo. But as that loom as been changed for the gtr along with the battery connector loom I don't have that either. All there is is that 3 pin cable where the correct 2 pin should be!

Edited by Hudeani_r32