SAU Community

Possible turbo noise of death..

Hi All, 

since I got a stainless exhaust put on my rb25detneo I have noticed a screeching noise when on full boost.. I’m thinking the turbo may be on the way out.. i have found this for €2k has anyone had any experience with these turbos?? 
https://www.jdmgarage.com.au/shop/rb25-rb26-turbo-kit-boosted-aeroflow-5855-6-boost-turbosmart-gtx3076r-82-natural/   

link to video of screeeching sound.. 

Any info would be great 👍 

Edited by Smokey_1507

3 hours ago, Smokey_1507 said:

Hi All, 

since I got a stainless exhaust put on my rb25detneo I have noticed a screeching noise when on full boost.. I’m thinking the turbo may be on the way out.. i have found this for €2k has anyone had any experience with these turbos?? 
https://www.jdmgarage.com.au/shop/rb25-rb26-turbo-kit-boosted-aeroflow-5855-6-boost-turbosmart-gtx3076r-82-natural/   

link to video of screeeching sound.. 

Any info would be great 👍 

I had the same problem. it came about after i reassembled the turbo 

This is the same noise. I found the problem I am not sure how to explain it. check the direction of the wast gate actuator control valve. This is going to sound very stage. But what the noise was on my GTT was the wast gate actuator was opening the wastage only a little bit creating a condition where hot air was flowing past the gate like air over a whistle like a a church organ works or a steam train blowing it whistle. I kid you not. It was so loud it was defining I even went out a purchased a new turbo That I never fitted . just because I had a small valve the wrong way around.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, toranarod said:

This is the same noise. I found the problem I am not sure how to explain it. check the direction of the wast gate actuator control valve. This is going to sound very stage. But what the noise was on my GTT was the wast gate actuator was opening the wastage only a little bit creating a condition where hot air was flowing past the gate like air over a whistle like a a church organ works or a steam train blowing it whistle. I kid you not. It was so loud it was defining I even went out a purchased a new turbo That I never fitted . just because I had a small valve the wrong way around.  

Cheers for the info, I haven’t touched the turbo or wastegate but before I spend out I’ll give it a look over, the stainless only went as far as the cat.. I was holding off going the whole way till I decided if I go with a new top mount external wastegate turbo and manifold setup... it’s baffling but the noise is annoying when I’m giving it beans 🙈

On 13/10/2020 at 7:26 PM, robbo_rb180 said:

Just put one of these on a rb30 powered drift car. Very good result on low boost (16psi) did QR matsuri with no issues so far. 

Cheers for that info, I live in Ireland and it seems like a good deal especially with the 6 boost manifold.. I’m only looking to make around 400 and I’ll be happy around that ball park.. a link ecu is in the pipe work along with injectors.. if I don’t have to go forged for abit of fun that will help the bank balance! 

Was there much lag on your rb30?? Did you go .82 or .63?? I hope there isn’t much lag on my neo motor with the .82 if I decide to buy it. 

Edited by Smokey_1507