SAU Community

'09 Skyline 370gt Crossover 4wd

gully

Hi guys,

Just picked one of these bad boys up to be our snow and dog run around! Absolute sleeper of a car and super well equipped for the price!

Now it has 139k kms on the clock and is a fresh import. I'm considering doing a transmission and diff oil change as well as throwing some high flow cats on for less back pressure and ease up on the ceramic dust back blow.

Any tips? Any advice on quality of life mods? Haven't been in the scene for years!

Cheers,

G

I've just read that the back pressure on the stock cats can cause ceramic dust blowback and cause premature wear on the internals so thought id do it per-empitvely? Plan to have the car for a while!

1 hour ago, Ben C34 said:

Frist time I have ever heard about ceramic dust blowby. Where did you read that?

Bad choices of words. On RB26s, because there is a direct shot from the turbo flanges at 2 of the exhaust ports, there have been many recorded instances of chunks of ceramic turbine getting up into the cylinders and causing carnage.

10 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

Bad choices of words. On RB26s, because there is a direct shot from the turbo flanges at 2 of the exhaust ports, there have been many recorded instances of chunks of ceramic turbine getting up into the cylinders and causing carnage.

For sure. That has zero to do with a cat converter causing back pressure and this is a totally different engine, hence my confusion.