SAU Community

Drifting V35 not enough power

Hi guys, I understand that adding more power isn't always the best thing to do and its more skill related drifting. 

However my V35, 1st gear is perfect will spin the wheels more easily. 2nd gear it bogs too much and even clutch kicks won't help it keeping the wheels spinning. 

I have tried going down to a 225 width tyre, putting 1.5 degrees of negative camber and pumping the tyres up to 45-50psi. 

Also I have gone from 3.5 ratio diff gears to 3.9 ratio diff gears, which hasn't really helped and just added to the issue because now 1st gear is even shorter and still bogs in second. 

The course I'm training on is fairly small so can't get up much speed and with the tight corners you bleed too much speed off anyway. 

Maybe I just need more practice, but I also feel 2nd gear is letting me down a lot. Also pulling the abs fuse wouldn't put the car into limp mode would it? I feel the car makes more power with the abs fuse in, but that sounds stupid as it shouldn't make a difference just doesn't seem to rev out as easily. 

Any advice appreciated :)

EDIT: Car is a 2005 model with VQ35DE engine (non-rev up). 

Edited by Blakeo

If I was you I'd do the following: 

0 degrees negative camber in the rear

Keep adding pressure in the rears til you can spin them as freely as you like. Your not on a public road, don't be afraid to go higher. Take them up to 70 or even 80psi. You may not need that much but the message here is don't be afraid to go higher with it.

What type of clutch are you using? I'm surprised clutch kicking isn't working for you. Are you dialing in some big revs when you kick it?