SAU Community

Manual valve body in stagea auto

oxford1327

I was worried about it too, I didn't want it to feel like it was some kind of FULL RACE CAR STUPIDNESS when I was going out to get milk.

But even at its most severe, it really wasn't. If anything it felt more 'positive' and wasn't too extreme. Fully manualizing it is the most cost effective option, if you can get clutch packs and having the thing lock for fuel economy (lol) that's probably the most important thing to do. If you're using a Nistune, you probably won't need the ECU, the OEM programming of the thing was actually close to what the TCM had programmed into it.

If I had've read the wiring diagram to begin with instead of trusting the mechanics before DTM.. I would have got the Nistune actually working with the GTT ECU in the GT N/A car and never needed Haltechs and the PCS 😛

Car already had a nistune and it has been replaced with a new Link G4X stormX ecu so it doesn't have trans control communicating properly, looking more and more likely to end up going manual valve body 

Have spoken to MVand bloke told me would need to change a few things inside the trans mechanically before putting a manual valve body in it, because apparently not supposed to be compatible with the B transmission,  would also need a different/aftermarket shifter to be able to get first gear, and a new stall  converter because it wouldn't be a lock up one. 

Then I would have to ship it to em etc too. So would be a costly experience