SAU Community

Thoughts on Xtreme HD organic single plate clutch

On 2/11/21 at 5:30 PM, Kinkstaah said:

Buy a nismo twinplate. It'll hold up to everything you want to do, and if it ever isn't enough, you'll have bigger costs and problems by that point.

For a long time I would have agreed with you, after driving the extreme 230mm organic twin plate, I wouldn’t buy another nismo!

On 2/11/21 at 6:51 PM, sonic99 said:

What do you mean I’ll end up needing it?

You’ll have one power goal in mind, then you’ll get bored and want more and more and more and you’ll be upgrading clutches multiple times. Just put the xtreme 230mm organic twin in it from the start and it’ll drive like a dream and hold anything you’ll throw at it till you get to about 1000hp at the wheels 

On 02/11/2021 at 6:55 PM, r32-25t said:

You’ll have one power goal in mind, then you’ll get bored and want more and more and more and you’ll be upgrading clutches multiple times. Just put the xtreme 230mm organic twin in it from the start and it’ll drive like a dream and hold anything you’ll throw at it till you get to about 1000hp at the wheels 

Thanks. My gtr is my daily tho. I don’t track it or anything like that

On 11/2/2021 at 6:43 PM, r32-25t said:

For a long time I would have agreed with you, after driving the extreme 230mm organic twin plate, I wouldn’t buy another nismo!

I've only driven the one, if you've driven both and there's a more modern design then I concede to the above and get this.

As for beautiful, there is no real discussion here or in any GTR forum where someone has not upgraded their clutch at the point they need a new one, for any reason. Twin plates do not need much force to operate at all, they just have a narrower bite point than a single plate, generally speaking.

• Thanks 1