SAU Community

SAU NSW - 20th Anniversary Extravaganza - Sat 22nd October

sammi_d

I went to get food at Fiddler and came back too late oops.

Also the stocker headlights I threw on the car earlier in the year (to pass rego check) were whack. First time I drove it at night in years and bloody hell the factory projectors are garbage. Didn't help that I didn't aim the lights. I better get cracking on retrofitting these headlights I have...

5 hours ago, Duncan said:

Thanks to SAU for putting the event on, and it was great to catch up with some old faces for the first time in ages (and yes, there was a fair bit of shady glancing "is that....." :))

Are you calling my face 'old' ?

Thank you to everyone who came!! It was a great turnout, and so far, all the feedback I’m getting is that everyone thoroughly enjoyed it! 

Apologies to those I didn’t get to catch up with and say hi… 😔

• Like 1

This was great fun, thanks @sammi_d and others for organising! Great work on that!

Here are some photos from us as well. Unfortunately no photos of the stands or the other models.

Good choice on the potato corner food truck! When we got there Jen was like "Oooooo, is that potatoto corner!?!". Stuff the Skylines, potato corner is the real attraction. Apparently it is a known entity in the food world. It was good, though I could already feel the heart disease developing working through my melted cheese on cheddar combination. It was also fluro orange.

Don with the full Kendo gear was incredibly zen. Makes me want to have a go at Kendo. Seems like it may be one of those martial arts that are seem useful in everyday life.

Jen drew a winning number in the raffle. Great timing as I had ordered a fire extinguisher from Mitre10 just a few days before. Ended up going there to pick it up and return it straight away.

I also felt slightly socially retarded going up to Duncan and going "EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU DUNCAN?!". Might try again next time with less awkward :D

Definitely looking forward to the next one though!

IMG_4703.jpg

IMG_4707.jpg

IMG_4710.jpg

IMG_4712.jpg

IMG_4713.jpg

IMG_4717.jpg

IMG_4718.jpg

IMG_4719.jpg

IMG_4720.jpg

IMG_4721.jpg

IMG_4723.jpg

IMG_4724.jpg

IMG_4731.jpg

IMG_4739.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 22/10/2022 at 7:13 PM, PranK said:

Got my 12 year old daughter to pick her top three;

R31 GTSX

White R32 GTR

Autech 4 door R33 GTR

So proud. ❤️❤️

Fully agree with your daughter there. The 31 was my favourite as well. The frontend is just chef's kiss. It was very wholesome as well as the owner never saw the award for it coming.

• Like 1