SAU Community

V36 - Compact Flash anyone?

Vee37

• 2 months later...

Never bothered to try it because the infotainment system doesn't support FLAC.

Yes, I'm an audio snob.

Still, I have a few CF cards, given I use them on my dSLR camera. What do you want to know? I can try out some stuff for you.

• 1 month later...
On 12/25/2022 at 1:39 AM, The Max said:

Never bothered to try it because the infotainment system doesn't support FLAC.

Yes, I'm an audio snob.

Still, I have a few CF cards, given I use them on my dSLR camera. What do you want to know? I can try out some stuff for you.

Sorry for the late reply, Ive been away from my pc since mid dec.

Just to be clear, I use the cars AUX input and my phone headphone out as the source. On the phone I have major audio software to correct the short cummings in the car audio. The phone output obliterates the CD (and of course the Music Box or radio or Bluetooth), and would expect the CF card would also be of similar poor quality. So, would never actually use the CF card for anything more than to fill the empty hole or "because its there"; ie dont waste any time on this, its simply a test of an idea.

Reading US Infinity G37 forum posts, they all talk about the limitation of 512 songs on a card

https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-video-and-electronics/195083-number-of-song-limit-on-a-compact-flash.html

Earlier/other post "think" there is a 4GB limit size limit, only to be corrected by the 512 song limit, and thyeir 4GB limit has been because of the MP3 file sizes push the over the actual 512 song limit.

What I was wondering, if the real limit is NOT the size of the card, then, you could have 100 ALBUMS, each ripped to a single MP3 file, containing the whole album of 12 songs. So, the number of "files" would only be 100, with each "file" containing 12 songs, so the number of songs would be 1200.

So I guess the next possible limit would be the size of an individual MP3 file; which i have yet to read of. And if that is not a limit, then it would truly be a size limit of a CF card. So I guess a test would be a big MP3 file on a big CF card; since the car wont understand the MP3 has many songs on it.

Just an idea.