SAU Community

Overheating 25det

darkoh69

1 minute ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

I think I should be ok now, but that's not our of the question either depending on how serious I get on the track.

If I got an engine "built" again I would definitely get one, even for a street car

Pre-oiling bearings on start up on a big dollar engine seems like a smart idea IRT long term reliability, and I could easily justify it as "good insurance" also for when giving it the beans

For the old oil pumping RB I would definitely get one

• Like 1

5 hours ago, darkoh69 said:

No I see relevance in this. It seems like your saying ‘oem very good, but thermos are very good also.’ & ‘In your experience falcon thermos are better’. 

No, LS1 only has thermo fans available 😛 So yes, OEM level thermos often do work well and very often outperform expensive other fans. My AU thermo fan kit was a grand total of $50 and closely follows the dimensions of a skyline radiator. I have heard mondeo fans are even better, but I never needed to go that far.

I used the clutch fan on my RB. Worked great even with no shroud.

I have an accusump on the LS and the simplicity of the design stuns me that I never knew about them when I had a RB. Or any f**kin engine. I do not know why some system like that is not standard on any track focused vehicle.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Bogan said:

If I got an engine "built" again I would definitely get one, even for a street car

Pre-oiling bearings on start up on a big dollar engine seems like a smart idea IRT long term reliability, and I could easily justify it as "good insurance" also for when giving it the beans

For the old oil pumping RB I would definitely get one

Let's see, if Wakefield Park opens up again and I start to race as often as I did then the Accusump will definitely been something I look into and install.

I think there's enough space to nest it behind the bumper support :) 

At present, I have pretty aggressive engine protection setup with the new motor (learnt my lesson last time LOL).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kinkstaah said:

I can confirm you can mount the big one at the back of the reo. Check my build thread for photos etc etc. As it stands I am too weak to corner hard enough for it to actually get used, but hey its nice it's there 😛

I recall seeing it in your photos, hence where I got the inspiration from 😎

23 hours ago, Kinkstaah said:

I can confirm you can mount the big one at the back of the reo. Check my build thread for photos etc etc. As it stands I am too weak to corner hard enough for it to actually get used, but hey its nice it's there 😛

Do you use to prime your oil system before start up?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Bogan said:

Do you use to prime your oil system before start up?

Nope. I read too much about the solenoid failing to do anything other than a manual lever to open/close it. You CAN get a cord even to pull in the cockpit to manually operate the lever for this, but I've not done that (yet?)

I wager given LS's run 600,000kms or so, their cold start bearing wear must be of very minor concern given all the other concerns out there with cars.

• Like 2