SAU Community

r33 GTS25t Dash cluster airbag light no show

R33 GTS25t NZ

Hi thought id write a fourm about the R33 GTS25t cluster , airbag light not doing its checks on startup, , iv put a screw into the airbag crimp positive in the back of the cluster ( for some reason there wasnt a positive screw there, Have also stumbled upon this excact same thing in another knowen working cluster where one screw was missing, from the positive side ) where the airbag light is in the cluster, theres a chip inside of the bulb holder where the light is, and two wires coming at the back of the bulb holder,, in mine the black wire was screwed, but the white and red wire wasnt screwed. i screwed this down where the airbag map goes on the back of the cluster, reinstalled the cluster , and no changes happened. i have also received a picture of another cluster with this wire not screwed in. so what im going to do is find another modual, and also (not counting on this to work but it is another avenue that coupd have gone wrong) go to the wreakers, find another nissan airbag cluster (p11) primera and search for a cluster that has the same light with the chip and two wires at the back of it, the airbags havent been deployed, and if anything goes wrong with the airbag system, the light will come on and stay on, there were afew blowen bulbs in the cluster when i removed the cluster, which is rare as these work on a negitive switch, which lead me to there being an eletrical fault, which leads me to, that when they were making the exhaust (It has a top mounted turbo setup) they failed to removed the positive battery terminal off the car, which has thrown positive  current all through the cars body as thats the circuit that created the welding process, and reversed all the polairty through the eletrical curcuits, lucky thers a main fuse that catches everything, I reckon thats where the power fc thats in it came from, possibly fried the ecu, and now thats why the alarm doesnt work properly,  (it makes beeping noises when i have the master switch in my hand and bump it like its being triggered) and thats the reason why the two high beam bulbs were blowen, ( all the lights that have been out, have been blowen up, like a bomb went off in there and the fillerment hasnt just broken off like it normally would if it wasnt premature, it has blowen off some of the side bit too which indercates that quite abit of pressure was in there for that to happen), so both, I might try the buld from another cluster aswell as a new modual

Edited by R33 GTS25t NZ
spelling

• R33 GTS25t NZ changed the title to r33 GTS25t Dash cluster airbag light no show
17 minutes ago, R33 GTS25t NZ said:

Hi thought id write a fourm about the R33 GTS25t cluster , airbag light not doing its checks on startup, , iv put a screw into the airbag crimp positive in the back of the cluster ( for some reason there wasnt a positive screw there, Have also stumbled upon this excact same thing in another knowen working cluster where one screw was missing, from the positive side ) where the airbag light is in the cluster, theres a chip inside of the bulb holder where the light is, and two wires coming at the back of the bulb holder,, in mine the black wire was screwed, but the white and red wire wasnt screwed. i screwed this down where the airbag map goes on the back of the cluster, reinstalled the cluster , and no changes happened. i have also received a picture of another cluster with this wire not screwed in. so what im going to do is find another modual, and also (not counting on this to work but it is another avenue that coupd have gone wrong) go to the wreakers, find another nissan airbag cluster (p11) primera and search for a cluster that has the same light with the chip and two wires at the back of it, the airbags havent been deployed, and if anything goes wrong with the airbag system, the light will come on and stay on, there were afew blowen bulbs in the cluster when i removed the cluster, which is rare as these work on a negitive switch, which lead me to there being an eletrical fault, which leads me to, that when they were making the exhaust (It has a top mounted turbo setup) they failed to removed the positive battery terminal off the car, which has thrown positive  current all through the cars body as thats the circuit that created the welding process, and reversed all the polairty through the eletrical curcuits, lucky thers a main fuse that catches everything, I reckon thats where the power fc thats in it came from, possibly fried the ecu, and now thats why the alarm doesnt work properly,  (it makes beeping noises when i have the master switch in my hand and bump it like its being triggered) and thats the reason why the two high beam bulbs were blowen, ( all the lights that have been out, have been blowen up, like a bomb went off in there and the fillerment hasnt just broken off like it normally would if it wasnt premature, it has blowen off some of the side bit too which indercates that quite abit of pressure was in there for that to happen), so both, I might try the buld from another cluster aswell as a new modual

just remember guys, exposure creates exposure, the more you expose the more gets exposed in the outter world, expose all your knowledge and youll answer your own questions,