SAU Community

Series 1 R33 GTST Fan Clutch

Disco18

Hey everyone, I'm currently working on my project car and I'm in the middle of doing the cooling system. The car does not have a fan clutch and I have ordered the GKTech fan with the adapter for better cooling.

However, when I ordered a brand new dayco fan clutch the GKTech adapter doesn't fit it. Has anyone else been able to find a brand new fan clutch that works with the GKTech adapter/fan? Car is a series 1 R33.

I have tried these fan clutches:

Both dayco branded.

Link to the adapter if anyone wants to see it. https://au.gktech.com/rb-vg-clutch-fan-adapter?utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=googleshopping&gclid=CjwKCAjwh4ObBhAzEiwAHzZYU9RnrCnUm0PUXcNNXp656f03U5Nk0TR16TZWsUssVIm3A-2AXVM5hxoCN9YQAvD_BwE

Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, Disco18 said:

And I have ordered the GKTech fan with the adapter for better cooling

No. No. No. No.

Point 1. The GKTech fan works well on SRs. It is no good on RBs. Get a factory fan.

Point 2. You need an adapter to fit the GKTech fan to the RB clutch. That's because of point 1. It is for SRs, not RBs. But it doesn;t worj anyway, so see point 1.

3 hours ago, Disco18 said:

when I ordered a brand new dayco fan clutch

Yeah, good luck with that. My experience is that the Dayco clutches are no damn good either. Too noisy. Get OEM.

So, all in all, a complete fail. Abandon all that you have and have done, and spend the $500 odd it costs to get proper Nissan stuff.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GTSBoy said:

No. No. No. No.

Point 1. The GKTech fan works well on SRs. It is no good on RBs. Get a factory fan.

Point 2. You need an adapter to fit the GKTech fan to the RB clutch. That's because of point 1. It is for SRs, not RBs. But it doesn;t worj anyway, so see point 1.

Yeah, good luck with that. My experience is that the Dayco clutches are no damn good either. Too noisy. Get OEM.

So, all in all, a complete fail. Abandon all that you have and have done, and spend the $500 odd it costs to get proper Nissan stuff.

Have you seen examples of that fan not working on RBs? Why would it be substantially different on the different motor?

1 hour ago, Duncan said:

Have you seen examples of that fan not working on RBs? Why would it be substantially different on the different motor?

Not personally. Only going on several other 1st hand results posted on here (and in the UK, I think?). IIRC, my bro-in-law, who is an import workshop owner, has several dorifto customers with them on RBs and they all overheat on the road (although most of them have no shroud, which definitely contributes). It's been some years since I formed these opinions and draw these recollections. It's really only the outcome that remains, not the source material, if you know what I mean.

That fan is intended to be for dorifto flatbrims. I think that fan actually moves less air than the factory SR fan. It's about unloading the engine and reducing the noise/power draw (for the flatbrims). It's actually no surprise that the stock RB fan can move more air. The blades on the GKTech fan are rather small.

• Like 1

Fair enough, thanks for the input. I guess I'll look into people who have used the fan more because I haven't really heard anything bad about it and if it is as garbage as you say I'll get stock fan and a aftermarket fan clutch because $450 for a oem fan clutch is a tad to pricey for me haha

• 3 months later...
On 2/11/2022 at 11:41 AM, Disco18 said:

Hey everyone, I'm currently working on my project car and I'm in the middle of doing the cooling system. The car does not have a fan clutch and I have ordered the GKTech fan with the adapter for better cooling.

However, when I ordered a brand new dayco fan clutch the GKTech adapter doesn't fit it. Has anyone else been able to find a brand new fan clutch that works with the GKTech adapter/fan? Car is a series 1 R33.

I have tried these fan clutches:

Both dayco branded.

Link to the adapter if anyone wants to see it. https://au.gktech.com/rb-vg-clutch-fan-adapter?utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=googleshopping&gclid=CjwKCAjwh4ObBhAzEiwAHzZYU9RnrCnUm0PUXcNNXp656f03U5Nk0TR16TZWsUssVIm3A-2AXVM5hxoCN9YQAvD_BwE

Thanks in advance!

I ordered a Dayco fan clutch (115836) and it’s nothing like the OEM one I need to replace. 
PCD of holes don’t match, height and overall diameter!

what’s the correct one for my series 2 r33 gtst?

D540F856-E6DF-47CA-A4B2-AF64242138BD.jpeg

34F71640-07B3-44EE-9860-BF7166DE0496.jpeg

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, chilzzi said:

I ordered a Dayco fan clutch (115836) and it’s nothing like the OEM one I need to replace. 

On 11/2/2022 at 3:00 PM, GTSBoy said:

It's not the Dayco, whether it fits or not. Buy a Nissan one.

13 hours ago, chilzzi said:

D540F856-E6DF-47CA-A4B2-AF64242138BD.jpeg

34F71640-07B3-44EE-9860-BF7166DE0496.jpeg

Lol....man I was literally in this mess not long ago.

Ended up returning the Dayco one and getting an used OEM one.

And GKtech fans do no work well, I've ripped 2x of them out of S15s with cooling issues and went back to OEM.