SAU Community

Hello from Ontario, Canada!

Chris O

Hey guys, long time lurker Chris here, just thought I would share some pictures of my 92' R32 GTS-T Type M.

Had the car about 6 years now, financial headaches follow me home often lol I got this car 30 minutes from my house, it was an ex-drift car, needed a front bumper, needed a windshield, no carpet, and a broken clutch pedal bracket. I installed a nismo clutch pedal bracket first off, got a sedan? front bumper through a mutual friend, and tossed on some rep TE37's and smoked clear corners. Car came with an electric fan installed but not wired, so I wired it up and had my cousin who ones a garage fab up a battery tray for the trunk as the battery was just in there loose, and GKtech front upper control arms. The car has japan racing coil overs from a previous owner.

I changed out the shifter boot and ebrake handle/button and a new (ebay) nismo shift knob and knock off steering wheel with (ebay) nismo horn button to freshen things up. A lot of small bits here and there just to make the car more enjoyable to drive. 

It came with a cat back kakimoto exhaust, I got the amazon autobahn 99 cat delete and a tomei turbo elbow so the car sounds great. 

FMIC and piping, as well as the pod filter were all done before I got it, and are being changed. Unsure of the coils, but they were there when I got it too, going to change them eventually, they look old af.

The main reason for posting now is because I am starting to get into modifying/tidying up the engine  and engine bay and wanted to share my progress as I go. 

I have essentially been driving the car summers only for the past 5 years full time and it has been an absolute blast to just cruise in. 

FB_IMG_1598442864852.jpg

FB_IMG_1598442868115.jpg

FB_IMG_1659317108061.jpg

Snapchat-862765061.jpg

Snapchat-977443624.jpg

Snapchat-1274762456.jpg

Snapchat-2091312877.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/16/2022 at 7:40 PM, PranK said:

Welcome!

Can't be many of those on Ontario streets.

It's funny you say that because we never had a 25-year import ban in Canada. Skylines and GTI-R's used to litter the streets... they were sold for peanuts as they were known as Japan's throw aways. We would laugh when we saw them as we presumed the owner was a poor high school student... times sure have changed. 

Here we are 15-20 years later and now that American's can buy them, we decided they're "Cool" now and worth 10x what we use to pay lol. 

• Like 2