SAU Community

RB30 Camshaft - difference between the two

Hi All,

interested in purchasing the crow cams below but out of stock. Have found a kelford cam but want to know how the kelford cam compares to TX2 or TXM.

Kelford cam specs are:

cam 274 or 226-F

i need to know the duration at 0.50 of inlet and exhaust like crow cams, kelford cam only has valve lift duration at 1mm.

could someone please work it out so I can have the specs like the crow cams.  Need to to duration at 0.50 of intake and exhaust. TIA

39DD684F-9F00-4762-9F86-E839EA3350CD.jpeg

31820227-BD8B-47C5-85B5-3A8DC977C111.jpeg

Edited by VL_Turbo

Oh. For f**k's sake. 50 thou is 1.27mm which is so close to 1mm that you can just pretend that it is the same and the worst that can happen is that the duration measured at one of them will be a couple of degrees different from the other.

The guy at Kelford probably should have heard about measuring duration at 50 thou because he works for a cam manufacturer and 50 thou was the standard for a million years, but it is totally understandable that he doesn't know because he is likely <30 years old, lives and works in a country that has been metricated since before 1970 and will only be using SI units in their manufacturing process because they are civilised and not trapped under the weight of 300 years of 'Murica f**k Yeah yeehaw freedom units like Crow f**king Cams is.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I like the way crow cams can't spell medium.

Out of curiosity what exactly are you comparing the cam specs to? Each other or some calculated desired valve timing events you have already figured out?

How much piston to valve clearance do you have to work with?

• 2 weeks later...

I just thought of this & thought I’d let you know, the good news is the above camshafts do exist, but will they snap? 

get the specs off the Kelford “turbo” cam from golbeys & regrind your genuine one to those specs. clivecams, surecam & Marshall custom cams do reginds.

5 hours ago, FiXtUrE said:

You want the Kelford cam, ones for na ones for turbo within the specs.

the crow cam is for na.

visit www.golbeysparts.au the have the turbo Kelford cam there 😎

Went the 226f / 274 cam