SAU Community

RB25DET NEO AWD into ECR33

31 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Or the more obvious choice now of the actual Neo ECU. No point in going sideways to go forwards. And then you really want to Nistune it anyway.

Yeah sounds like he has the loom, weigh up getting a neo ecu, nistune and swapping loom or get a new ecu.

• 3 weeks later...

Tough decision, I have the neo loom and r33 loom both have been messed with but I have a mate that can do the wiring for me his just not familiar with rb engines and  ecu's. I'll try and find a bit more info as I can get a power fc for a neo 

• 5 weeks later...

I think using a s2 r33 loom with r32 nistune computer is how I'll go as by what I've read it's  less mucking around and more straightforward for someone with no wiring experience.

Hooking up the r33 body loom to neo engine loom would be a a job I cannot do. 

If you have a rb25det series 1 or 2 already, it's not to bad as you have most the parts you need to interchange but buying neo stagea engine for a project is making your job a lot harder

Edited by Dylank

49 minutes ago, Dylank said:

Thanks for the help guys. But yes beware  anyone telling you putting awd neo into a r33 is easy, are just lying and trying to get rid of their engine lol

I did a few years back? it was pretty straight forward!

Used an ASR modified sump & pickup. Then bolted up the factory R33 RB25DET intake manifold, and just reversed the CAS wires.