SAU Community

Photo Shoot: its polishing time!!!

Veilside R33

Tridentt: Yeah yeah, I see what you mean, Madam Lush you say?? yeah sounds good to me hhahahahaha, after all, Lycra man must be seen as being unattached and available!!hehehehehe

Lycra man: you are not alone in your golfing habits (read from spotted thread), i am married to a golfing fanatic and I even waltz around the course with him on sundays, hey it keeps me out of the shops!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I see in the thread somebody mention the Jerra Pub. Down there a bit myself. If you see a Silver GTR with a carbon fibre bonnett that will be me. Pull up a pew and we'll have a few. :D

:devil2: Sinista32=Richard :angel:

Hi

I see in the thread somebody mention the Jerra Pub. Down there a bit myself. If you see a Silver GTR with a carbon fibre bonnett that will be me. Pull up a pew and we'll have a few.   :D  

:devil2: Sinista32=Richard  :angel:

I'm assuming you're the same Sinista that was parked at Wakefield Park last Sunday,yes?Nice ride!Are you a frequenter of Jerra',or do you live IN Jerra'?There's a growing number of 'Lines garaged in the suburb-it'd be nice to have one more!Skylinegal is at the pub quite a bit,but she may be there drowning her sorrows as she just blew her turbo up....

Back to the photoshoot thang:daylight savings as of tomorrow-more light=more time to press the shutter button.I'm still working on locations and timing,but I'm still "on it" to get photoshoot part II happening!

Hi there Sinista: hey i have seen your ride at the pub, I am quite a regular myself at the jerra, looove your gtr, i was at the pub for a while putting some bets on, and was fairly drunk trying to walk my dog home i walked past her!! i wanted to have a closer look but didnt want to look like too much of a dork!! hahaha(this was sat before the one just gone)

Hey

Yes Living in Jerra now.

- Unfortunately parked all day at wakefeild as my ride is new to me (ex-QLD) and I'd like a little time to get used to her b4 we go out on the track together.

Original Turbs Skylinegal? I did my ceramic in the R32 GTS-T I used to own (120K onthe clock), and then the fuel pump, then the ignition coils started to go and then finally the ignitor. She flew once fixed but then she had to go for my :P GTR. Not wishin bad luck on you but the mechs reckon thats the norm! Next time have a gawk and I'll know who you are LOL.

Dont get thrown by the name - not realy wicked, maybe a little - just sometimes. Really only when I get into my car LMAO (Adrenalin).

When is Photoshoot 2 going to happen? I'm keen to help.

We ought to have an Impromptu BBQ one W/E soon and then return to Jerra Guys. Almost start a whole new sub branch by the number of lines I see out this way.

GTG an pick up the Injectors now. Be back latta!

R

Sounds good. I'll keep an eye on the forum to see what the go is.

I'm happy ATM. Finally arrived 700cc Sards, 80mm AFM's and a 2.5" into 3" front pipe - thanks to SIR32 in Qld, cheers buddy. Just got to save to get em in and tuned. ED???? :wavey:

Amaru - you might fill me in on the Tomei CAMS (it'll be 12 months b4 I can afford it but what the heck! dream now pay latter).

whoo hoo......picking up my girl from evo this arvo, turn out the turbo fan didnt like its position and decised to break loose and explore its surroundings. bottom line is that a new turbo has been installed (luckily still under warranty...phew) Jayce wasnt too far wrong about drowning my sorrows!! (well also the ute died and had to be towed also!! buggar! oh but she passed the cop check, RTA will issue a new chassis nbr)

photoshootII?? cant wait!

perfectly bad timing this sunday for me, i have an exam first thing monday morning that i'll be cramming for all weekend.  

but on another note, what about black mountain peninsula?

Did you say at some point you were doing an engineering degree? at ANU?

I'm 4th year, just about finished finally. i was the president of ANUESA this year also, but that's not really a glory job.

yeah i'm on the F-SAE car this year also, on the chassis group helping make the monocoque etc. we've almost finished the car, the comp is in less than a month. it's getting painted on monday.

if the 2002 car was a disaster, the 2003 car was a world wide catastrophe. they were still building it while they were driving to adelaide. i've driven the 2003 car, it's fast, but very uncomfortable. being 6'2 didn't help.

so much has gone wrong with the 2003 car since we've been driving it, i'm glad it wasn't on a track when those things broke (space frame welds breaking, caliper mounts breaking, stub axels breaking... the list goes on)

Scary - I did a Systems Engineering/IT double at ANU too. Finished last year.

Lots of people spent most of 2003 trying to fix the disaster that was the 2002 FSAE car :D

Hey, just remind me, did you guys finish higher than 7th? ;)

The key is to lose the monocoque, and it's possible now that robby has gone...

Anyone wondering what we're on about, we built one of these:

3209FSAE_ANU_2002.jpg

and we got to CNC things like this throttle and restrictor:

3209throttle.jpg

Has a Honda CBR600 in the rear, and drives like a rocket (if it doesn't break)

http://www.ticuna.com.au

it would if that car hadn't been butchered for the 2003 car.

this years car is a completely new design with all new parts. we're still using a monocoque and we've got a Yamaha R6 600cc engine instead, its a little smaller and lighter