SAU Community

Smashed my R33 GTS-T =(

Guys,

Smashed my pride and joy =*(

Im not too sure of the extent of the damage yet, but;

Drivers door dinted in, front left tyre poped rim doesnt look good at all,

the rear right hand side wheel is poped, rim not good, and the wheel isnt too strait. there is a piece underneith bent (idler arm i think its called?)

the front wheels arnt pointing the same way.. thats about it..

its uninsured, i was getting it taken care of next week =(

do you guys know where i can get parts? wreckers..etc? alltho im not even sure what needs getting replaced yet..

You must have been a spirited drive to smash up both sides of the car like that :P

Was this last night during the torrential downpour? I got caught in that, I was so scared that someone will spin out and smash into me.

So what happened?

Yes, in the rain,

a cat ran out from the side, ive tryed to miss it (regret it now) and cliped the gutter that made it spin around.. and hit the back wheel.. smashing into a bin (the bin dented the door)..

it could have been worse, i was doing under the speed limit etc.. there were witnesses that told the police what happened, so i didnt get a neg driving ticket. thats an upside i guess.

i just wanna get it sorted, hopfully its not too much damage, the way the wheels are sitting it doesnt look good tho. =(

:cheers: sorry to hear - but as you know, it could be worse.

Heard too many dodging cat stories now. If a cat jumps infront of my car I will steer my big chassis of metal straight at its little fluffy head and explode the damn thing in a big horrific explosion of twisted bone and meat and fluff. Easier said then done though.

Yes i know, i wish i did just hit it now =/

my girl would have killed me tho.. lol

ive herd from the police, they are now saying i may get a neg driving ticket.. f**k knows why??

there were around 6 witnesses, 2 differant groups of people who saw what happened and told the police every thing.. oh well..

thanks for the links guys.. keep em coming.

cheers

That really sucks. It could have been worse though, in the news last year there was a guy in an R31 Skyline that swerved to miss a dog, and he ended up mounting the gutter and somehow nose-diving the car into the ground and went roof-on into a telephone pole, which killed him instantly.

Good luck with fighting the neg driving, there is no justice in the world. The guy that rear-ended me while I was stopped at the lights and gave me whiplash got off with only paying his insurance excess, the cops didn't wanna know about it. And you've hurt nothing but your own car and you may get a fine and loss of points and don't even have insurance to claim on. The system sucks.

sometimes its much safer just to hit the thing than swerve and hit something else.

That's exacly right!

I have killed 2 cats and 1 bird for this reason....

Instead of swerving, hit them...

But DO NOT hit them with your tyre(s), or you could end up in just as much trouble. Try go over them, it's much safer that way...

I ran over a suicidal possum last year. I was driving home and I saw it sitting in the middle of the road. I was cruising by at about 40kph (10kph under the limit) and sort of went to the left side of the lane thinking it'd be cool because it was just sitting there. The *exactly* at the point which it was too late to swerve or brake, even if I was slowing down at the time, the possum wandered straight under my tyres! It didn't even run, it was sort of a couple of steps and then thud-thud of front and rear tyres. Oddly enough, no blood or guts or fur or anything under the car. The next day I drove past and it had already been cleaned up by the council. Poor possum :P

Thanks guys,

ive taken the wheels off and looked at the damage, there isnt too much, i just dont know the name of the parts, i may have to take pics. i can put the parts on myself, just have to find them.

at the back, its like a wish-bone (bar on the bottom connecting to wheel) that is bent, i need to replace.

at the front going to the wheel there are 2 bars (once again i dont know the name) only 1 of them is bent.

i need to replace 2 tyres and 1 rim.

get the dint in the door fixed.

its not as much as i thought. hopfully thats all.

You should have run over the cat. If the owners even cared it would have been inside. Cats bounce off the car anyway. They do no damage really and even a hit at 50kph, most times they will be able to get up and run away. sometimes..

I would have sacrificed its life over damaging my car regardless of what my misses would say. Sorry to hear about your car man. Its an expensive lesson to learn.

i had some guy driving like a dick infront of me last night in a falcon swerving all over the road as i passed him and he nearly took out my front quarter panel.

find the cat take it hostage find the owner and get a ransom from them for its safe return to pay for some of the damage... he he he...

me and my mate ran had a cat experience in burwood a few wkz ago.

My mate was driving probally 70kmz/hr in a 50 zone..jus speedin a bit at like 10pm..no cars on the road..and out of no where..we c a fcUkin caT in the middle of the road, my friend swerved left and the cat ran left...and den..................we ended a life. Killing a cat or dog or wateva is easier said den done..you feel so guilty running over the thing. but like many of you said...risking my life or the life of my car for the cat? sorry pussie

i was cruising in the hill one night (bout 10pm) doing 110kms in a 110km zone, and i saw this large white rock on the left lane ahead of me, so i went on the right to avoid it.

as soon as i got near this "rock" it decided to fly in front of me. it ended up being a large white owl, even before i realised what happened i slammed it good.

lucky for me it hit the bumper, and not the grill or the window.

steve