SAU Community

Nissan Bluebird SSS Attesa

pentae

Hey boys and girls,

While I wait for my r32 GTR to arrive, i've gone and put down a deposit on a Nissan Bluebird SSS Attesa to drive as a runabout.

Same engine as my silvia, an sr20det, however its east/west, uses a ball-bearing turbo, has AWD and hauls ass for a 'family' sedan!

Unfortunately the car is an Auto, but i'm getting it for a fantastic price so i'm picking it up anyway.

I was just wondering if :

1. anyone knew about getting automatic/manual conversions done specifically on one of these cars

2. there was a specific bluebird/sss/attesa forum anywhere like NS/SAU.. ( I dont think there is! )

3. any SSS Attesa owners are here who can provide some info on the car

and last but not LEAST

4. does anyone know a mechanic at the GOLD COAST who can take a look at the car for me and make sure theres nothing seriously wrong with it, get a compression test done etc. Who would you recommend?

It's better to leave the runabout auto in my opinion. The GTR is for driving the Bluebird is for going to the shops or going to work. I would prefer an auto runabout simply because changing gears in traffic is a pain in the ass.

If you must, then yeah investigate a GTiR box.

pretty sure u have to put a non turbo manual box in there with maybe some upgrades,mate of mine had one and his was changed from auto to man and used juts the stnd manual box and as to date it holds up fine,with more boost...

It's better to leave the runabout auto in my opinion. The GTR is for driving the Bluebird is for going to the shops or going to work. I would prefer an auto runabout simply because changing gears in traffic is a pain in the ass.

If you must, then yeah investigate a GTiR box.

Lets not forget it has attesa, which means youre going to have all sorts of funky shit going on with the gearbox that has the front diff in it etc... Email Jeff at C-Red ([email protected]) as he had one in stock a while back and may be able to shed some light on the subject. Alternatively PM me the Chassis number for it and I will look up the nissan Microfisce on it and see if they did infact come out manual etc.

JK

JAIK - It did come out in manual.

51000 - I didn't know that the bluebird came out in a 4wd non turbo. if you mean the AUS delivered fwd non turbo crappy thing, then that gearbox would not work on the jap 4wd turbo version due to not having a transfer case for the rear diff.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys i had a red U13 Sr20DET .. Auto as well .. they arent that bad for a daily driver.. good solid built only think you have to watch out is the interior built a bit cleaply.. mine was Attessa-X top line auto sunroof wood grain inserts etc.. and yes they did come out in non turbo .. Attessa-S they are .. Sr20DE , both manual and auto.. hope this helps !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
JAIK - It did come out in manual.

51000 - I didn't know that the bluebird came out in a 4wd non turbo. if you mean the AUS delivered fwd non turbo crappy thing, then that gearbox would not work on the jap 4wd turbo version due to not having a transfer case for the rear diff.

The Aus delivered Bluebirds were by no means crappy. They may not be 4wd or turbos, but they more than hold their own even against current medium sized vehicles. Not all Nissan lovers can afford to get the vehicle they REALLY want, so make do as best we can. Yes, I have an Aus model SSS, needs a new clutch soon, but goes great, and for those that may not know, it was/is quicker than a SSS Pulsar. (Aus model)

• 2 weeks later...

There is so much crap on this thread I don't know where to start. As for a GTiR gearbox into the U13, it could be done easily. Both boxes share the same shape and bell housing bolt patern. You would have to use the Speedo sender and engine mounts from your old box as they are model specific. As for the clown who stated that the GTiR gearbox is crap, I presume you don't own a GTiR. I have blown 3 boxes but I am also putting out over 2 times factory power. You will notice that GTR gearboxes blow at around this type of power output and the GTR is only really RWD at launch. So at the very least, the GTiR box should be considered equal (if not stronger) to the GTR. As for ATTESSA, both the GTiR and U13 use a mechanical version that doesn't really have anything in common with the GTR's ATTESSA ETS. All in all, you can easily convert your U13 to a manual. Using the GTiR's box will give you a viscous centre diff which would be an upgrade to the U13 4WD gearbox with the open centre diff. In saying all this, why worry if this is just going to be a runabout?

yeh my bro's got one of the AUS delivered fwd U13 Bluebird's and i reckon its a pretty good car. The 2.4litre engine it has seems pretty good and its acceleration isnt too bad either. So far it has been a good reliable car. So the turbo, 4WD ones should be a good car as well with a good performer of a motor with the SR20DET.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...