SAU Community

cefiro brakes

Ceffo

theres plenty of other brands... but for track days u will more than likely go thru a set on the day... so if i were u i would keep the ones that are on there now and buy a set for when u go to the track and swap back once ur done... cause generally u dont have much left of them afterwards :)

if ur going to be doing a lot of track work i would recommend highly that you upgrade the entire system... go for something like whats on mine... 300zx brakes... or even R33 GTST brakes... plus then u get the added bonus of more choice when it comes to wheels ;)

im thinking of upgrading my fronts to R34 GTR rotors but i need to see if the 300zx calipers that are on there will fit the rotor.

I dont think your std brakes are going to survive track days....

34 gtr rotors wont go under z calipers

dont forget to put in decent brake fluid!

Just did my ceff in r32 gts calipers (same as z32) with slotted and cross drilled front rotors and 32 gtr rear cross drilled with ebc greenstudd and a r32 gts master cylinder stops many happy times,

well that sux :)

i think i'll just replace the rotors with DBA 4000 series front cross drilled and slotted and slotted rear DBA Longlife rears then.

• 5 weeks later...

I was hoping to get DBA 4000's slotted not drilled all round and keep the GTST calipers but the only skyline dba 4000's made are for GTR so I wouldn't sure if it would fit.

Is that a good upgrade (with some decent pads)?

Is that sorta what you'd look at nark?

Can't afford GTR calipers :

cefiro-rb20 - Can't help about the handbrake - checkout www.meggala.com there should be some technical info there.

Sweet daveo - that's the setup I'd be lookin (but probably some less hardcore pads) at.

32 GTST calipers DBA 4000 rotors and rb74 pads right?

Please let us know how it goes.

I'd like to know essentially if it's just bolt in jobbie... cos apperantly DBA only make rotors for GTR skylines so I wasn't sure if you have the r32 hubs and calipers if the rotors for a GTR would just fit.. If so that'd be great.

Photos if possible too :D

Thanks mate.

in just threw some r32 front discs and callipers on with the discs redrilled to four stud.(this is with the laurel, same deal as the ceffy) Take note you will need wheels with a big enough offset or spacers. Luckily the 18's clear the callipers no problems. My discs are getting a little tired tho so i might go for slotted but get them drilled for 4 x 114.3 rather than go full five stud etc.

Its a cheap and easy way to get out of it, if you have wheels which are 4 and 5 stud compatable.

Sweet daveo - that's the setup I'd be lookin (but probably some less hardcore pads) at.

32 GTST calipers DBA 4000 rotors and rb74 pads right?

Please let us know how it goes.

I'd like to know essentially if it's just bolt in jobbie... cos apperantly DBA only make rotors for GTR skylines so I wasn't sure if you have the r32 hubs and calipers if the rotors for a GTR would just fit.. If so that'd be great.

Photos if possible too :D

Thanks mate.

Well, allll I can say is my god do they work! *note to start with, I bought the car with the gtst brakes on it* But yeah, pretty easy. Yes DBA do make rotors for R32s, 33, 34s, etc, both NA, turbo, and GTR models. Just get on to the site and dl the pdf thingy, its got all the part numbers on that.

And now another question... how hard is it to put longer bolt studs in??? Lets just say, doing the job myself showed me some stuff that I wasnt too keen on...

But yes, they stop good :(

dangerous_daveo .. ive changed my studs due to putting on 21mm spacers..

They are shite easy 30 min for 2 sides. Just take off the calipers, pull the rotors out then knock em out (the studs) from the front.

Should be able to get the studs for like 2 bux each.

dangerous_daveo .. ive changed my studs due to putting on 21mm spacers..  

They are shite easy 30 min for 2 sides. Just take off the calipers, pull the rotors out then knock em out (the studs) from the front.  

Should be able to get the studs for like 2 bux each.

So what, I basically knock out the old ones, and screw in some new ones??? but wouldnt that like strip the thread???

*ps, Im not too cluey with this stuff, Im still trying to learn, so please dont laugh at me* :D

u just bang in the new ones bro from behind (I like the sound of that LOL)

They come right off.. Then put the rotors calipeeers back on laters. It doesnt strip the thread. Its a str8 knock out.

Hmmi should have taken phptos last time.

No worries bro.. Took me like 2 days to find the right way and get the damn studs size right.

Well, allll I can say is my god do they work! *note to start with, I bought the car with the gtst brakes on it* But yeah, pretty easy. Yes DBA do make rotors for R32s, 33, 34s, etc, both NA, turbo, and GTR models. Just get on to the site and dl the pdf thingy, its got all the part numbers on that.

Sweet mate you rock.

So basically just get the rotors that match up to the car that your brakes came from right?

So with gtst brakes just get 32 gtst rotors and whack em in?

Did you get all 4 or just the front 2 ? I might look at just the front two if I can... I just don't wanna screw it up.

I hope they work GUD!

Sweet mate you rock.

So basically just get the rotors that match up to the car that your brakes came from right?

So with gtst brakes just get 32 gtst rotors and whack em in?

Did you get all 4 or just the front 2 ? I might look at just the front two if I can... I just don't wanna screw it up.

I hope they work GUD!

Thats pretty much it! And yeah I only did the front two. Lets just say 180 to 70... or so, it very very quick :P Im seriously impressed.

Well I finally got my ceffy... and for now till i start putting in some serious track time i dont think ill be needing those slotted rotors.. its hell easy to lock up the front and I can't justify the slotted rotors for road use... so when i hit the track and if they start showing weakness... or they get too worn.. then i will get slots :D

Thanks again daveo!