SAU Community

Skyline price range

Hi guys, im looking to buy a skyline r33 GTR but cant find any for sell, prolly im not searching enough but right now im looking for a price range for these. so how much would cost a r33 with less then 100 000km - 60 000 miles in US$ please.

Thanks for any info.

edit : most likey totally stock one :)

Theres no way anyone here will be able to tell you this. The costs for importing a car into your own country will vary wildly from Australia. You might not be able to do it at all.

Id take a stab in the dark and say 50k - 60k USD or thereabouts.

I have seen 4 R33 gtr's advertised in Prestige Motorsports web site in there sold vehicls section. They ranged from $33,000 to $41,000 Aus dollars. These prices included compliancing and all import cost.

This is what they said about one of there import R33 GTR 's -

"The following vehicle has just come into stock with a supplier in Japan for 1,885,000 yen FOB. The cost in Australia is estimated to be $39,600.

We have included the cost of shipping, import duties, GST, compliance and our service fee in this estimate. Not included is the cost of tyres, Govt. stamp duty and registration (normal licensing costs for any vehicle). "

1,885,000 yen = $ 17,078.14 US dollars

so you could give them a call and see if they can help you search for the car you need. But i hear import cost to the US are huge.

You can convert yen to US dollars here ----> http://www.xe.com/

And heres Prestige's web site ----> http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au/

like sewid said firstup.. totally pointless asking this question .. ask somebody locally, as the costs to import a car into the country would be totally different over here.

Best you could look at would be the average FOB prices in Japan (what it costs to buy over there)

There's a company in USA called MotoRex who specalising in importing GTR. I think their website is www.motorex.net

Since you are in Canada, maybe it will be easier to import a car thru these guys, or maybe just cross over the border, buy one in USA and drive it back, but I dunno how the registration system works there.

That wouldn't be much different i'm afraid. to convert RHD car to LHD plus any sort of compliance and tax issues, it may cost at least US$15000 on top of the car price and all fees in Japan and shipping cost.

Yes, dont be surprised... at the end of the day, a R33 GTR skyline in the USA would still be around US$40k

Its says his location is Canada, not the US. Assuming that's correct, Canada doesn't have a car industry to protect (unlike the US) so it might have OK import laws.

Best bet is to contact your local automotive authority and ask for advice about importing a car.

LW.