SAU Community

Climate Control Only Heats

SeriesIIGTST

Hi all,

Bit of a problem i'm having at the moment with my R33 GTST. Climate control is pumping hot air in, irrespective of what the display says (18 - 32degrees). Run a diagnostics and comes up with no error codes at all. I have done a search and come up with it may be the blend door but i have no idea where this is. I have no liquid in my foot wells or anything like that so i don't think it's a blocked heater core?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Will either be the heater box under the dash, blend door as you said, or the unit itself. The first step would be to swap the unit itself with a mate as thats the easiest job of the lot and will either fix or eliminate that possibility!

hmm....thanks for the replies. Reluctant to think it's the air con gas as in the mornings, before the car has had a chance to get hot, if i turn the a/c on, it's bloody cold so i think that's working and has gas. This just seems to be hot air constantly streaming in, even when off. The only way i stop my cabin getting hot is to turn it off but leave the recirc button on. Which is why i was thinking it was the blend door.

boj01: when you say, "unit itself", could you please carify to what you mean?

Check the outside temp sender. On my 32 a wire had come off. same symptoms as you, fixed with electrical tape.

My R33 GTS25t had similar symptoms recently, after some warranty work - which involved removing the front dash panel. Auto electrician did not reconnect the ambient cabin temperature sensor (wire + tube, I understand). This is located just to the left of the steering column - behind the panel.

It would only pump hot air (which is a system default arrangement), except @ the minimum temp setting - 18degrees I think - where it was possible to get cold air.

Dealer whipped off the panel, reconnected the sensor/s, and all was back to normal. He knew what he was doing, and only took 5 mins. Would have taken me yoncks.

Try to check whether your sensor lead/s have become disconnected, before doing anything more drastic.

good luck :D

Fixed!

It was my blend door. The little lever than actuates the door wasn't attached to the door itself leaving it on full heat the whole time. Simply put that back on and viola!

Congrats! Well done! All very satisfying when you find and fix problem yourself, without any big bucks.

:D:):):):):cheers::cheers: