SAU Community

some niceHR31

predator

came across a nice japanese site late last night with some very nice HR31 to look at... http://cwaweb.bai.ne.jp/~kgc10/. Have some good links to other japanese HR31 sites.

For those that can't be bothered clicking, here are some nice pics to get you going..

sorry if its welcome to yesterday for some :flamed:

rr311.jpeg

rr312.jpeg

maejima3.jpeg

aka31.jpg

DSCF0030.jpeg

DSCF0034.jpeg

itou1.jpeg

I've got rims I can reverse to get a silly amount of dish like that, and I think i can do it legally because my car is exempt from ADR's, but to fit wheels with that much negative offset I'd need to chop off part of my guards under a set of fibreglass flares wouldnt I?

I've got rims I can reverse to get a silly amount of dish like that, and I think i can do it legally because my car is exempt from ADR's, but to fit wheels with that much negative offset I'd need to chop off part of my guards under a set of fibreglass flares wouldnt I?

How/why is ur car exepmt from ADR's Adam???

Some tough R31's in that lot, pity bout the SR under the bonnet of one of them though :throwup:

i've always had a thing for the red one at the top..

and the only way a car can be exempt from ADR's is when its unregistered and does not touch any road....

just sold my deep dish watanabes to a mate with a r31 they look pretty sweet, at least the sr20 powered one carries the name "R31house" you have to take that into consideration....

I've got a letter stating that my car is exempt from ADR's :cheers: (apart from seat belts and a few other minor things)

It has to adhere to the Road Traffic Act and the Road Traffic Regulations.

Road Traffic Act says only that a car must be 'safe' which comes down to no obvious mechanical defects (ie broken shit) and that it must adhere to the Road Traffic Regulations.

Road Traffic Regulations say minimum 100mm clearance, under 90db, 1.5mm tyre tread, and that ADR's must be adhered to. BUT it also says that if a vehicle is exempt ADR's under any other statute that is applicable in this jurisdiction (which my car is) then they are exempt from that section.

Ie I'm soooo keeping this car now :)

They don't here :D

They shouldnt have given a law student that letter hehe

I wouldnt want bigger diameter rims anyway, 16 is as big as I will ever need

I've got that lettter as well Adam, it doesn't mena SHIT my friend!! The only thing going for us, is that they don't have the spec's on the cars (last time i got pulled over that was nearly 2 years ago though so who knows)

I reckon it does if you know what you're talking about when you get pulled. All that they can do is say "It doesnt look safe". This is at their discretion but I think it would be easier to get a defect cleared and unless they can come up with something good, I'm going to keep looking for 9 or 10 inch wide rims

I'm going to get some bigass Flinders Law Students Society stickers made up and I'll keep some text books in the back and I'm not going to get done over for having a pod or a big exhaust (unless its over 90db..... meh I'm going to get the exhaust redone and lose the fart can anyway) or anything

Touch wood