SAU Community

Need advice on GT2859R-9 turbo for rb26 (please give me some advice)

Hi I have a set of GT2859R-9s that im wanting to rebuild and put on my rb26 gts4 32. I am wanting to push around 400-500hp and was wondering is that possible?

to note the car has the following mods 880cc injectors, echuast, apexi fc commander, oem fuel pump. 

should i do any other mods because the turbos are out?

also what ecu do people recommend (in future im wanting to go single turbo set up)

thanks all!

On 13/09/2022 at 2:45 PM, Eddie99 said:

sell the turbos, buy a turbo.

To be honest, since the turbos are out, you might as well just go single and at the same time get rid of the PowerFC, AFM, and any outdated parts like the injectors and fuel pump.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

They are good turbos, but you're not hitting 500hp at the wheels on these unless you're on E85. Even then they will be out of puff with no more left at 1.5 - 1.6bar.

400 - 450hp is it on unleaded on 1.3 - 1.4bar.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 9:45 PM, Eddie99 said:

Hi I have a set of GT2859R-9s that im wanting to rebuild and put on my rb26 gts4 32. I am wanting to push around 400-500hp and was wondering is that possible?

to note the car has the following mods 880cc injectors, echuast, apexi fc commander, oem fuel pump. 

also what ecu do people recommend (in future im wanting to go single turbo set up)

thanks all!

If you want to go single turbo then skip the faffing about and just go straight to the single turbo? The cost of rebuilding those turbos is a non-trivial cost.

On 15/09/2022 at 8:31 AM, Predator1 said:

Thread reminds me of my journey... dropped my 26 to swap bearings and upgrade sump, ended up with a 3.2 with big single bla bla bla. :banana:

standard Skyline ownership, always a level of autistic behaviour involved.

I don't want more than 300kW, nek minnit built motor dis dat.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

They can make 500whp but the supporting mods you'd require would be extremely costly. There is a R34 GTR in Melbourne making 390wkw at 21/21psi, but it's 2.8 with Vcam on E85. I'd just go single to make things easy.