SAU Community

rb26 into stagea rs4 questions :)

RB26VL

hey guys i been thinkin of getting a 4 door skyline r33, but, they are rare as shit, so im thinkin the stagea looks more sutle to keep cops and attention away, plus its got heaps of room and 4 doors.

i got a rb26 atm with a 2wd rb25 modified sump (8L) and i was wondering firstly how hard it is to convert the stagea to rwd besides the sump, like do i need any front suspension parts off the 2wd r33's???

and option 2 is to get a 4wd gtr sump (or can i use the stagea sump?) and get a r33 gtr 5 speed and install them into the stagea to run 4wd, or is it more difficult than that? is the gearbox and attesa stuff from the gtr need to be transferred into the stagea or do they have it already or what??? custom tailshaft i presume??? or will stagea one fit ?

sorry but im really lacking in knowledge of the stageas and i love sleepers :bananaman might even debadge it and put volvo and deisel badges on it :elaugh:

thanks guys, any little bits of info is most welcome as i know 0 about them :Paranoid:

Brad

;) ITS NOT A BLOODY VOLVO!!!! ;)

why bother debadging nobody knows what a stagea is anyway and there is no turbo badges on it anywhere i can see keep it as it was intended dont make even more idiots think that they are volvos. thats just giving a good name to volvos

it was a joke, and it would help keep potential thieves away :uh-huh:

but ill just leave it badgeless id say

i found one with 80 000km, auto, 2.5L turbo, 17' rims and new tyres, 550cc inj, pod, high flow turbo, lowered, tein susp, dark tint, 80mm front mount cooler, velour interior (i hate leather personally :uhh: ) and a few more mods for $24k which isnt too bad considering its immaculate body and looks awesome with rims, tint and suspension :jump:

come one please give us some info anyone

Thanks

Brad

there is a guy on the forums called saft search for posts from him he or his father have done an rb26 conversion in a non turbo stagea dont know if it was 4wd or 2wd but he may be able to tell you more so check it out

;)

it was a joke, and it would help keep potential thieves away  :uh-huh:  

but ill just leave it badgeless id say  

i found one with 80 000km, auto, 2.5L turbo, 17' rims and new tyres, 550cc inj, pod, high flow turbo, lowered, tein susp, dark tint, 80mm front mount cooler, velour interior (i hate leather personally :uhh: ) and a few more mods for $24k which isnt too bad considering its immaculate body and looks awesome with rims, tint and suspension  :jump:  

come one please give us some info anyone  

Thanks

Brad

Trust me Brad if you buy one nobody in Perth has the faintest idea what you are driving, they just look at you and the expression on their face is what was that.

You can bolt a GTR motor behind the Auto but is a bit doughy I have been told, get a R33 GTR front cut and use the motor, box and ecu.

Don't tell me the purple VL is going??

As far as I know, the Stagea 4wd system is similar to the GTR so should bolt in.

Wiring will be the issue and best way would be put a manual 4wd box behind the RB26 cos I doubt the auto will take the grunt of yours for long.

We have a GTR sump and can get the GTR manual box easy.

Other way is to drop the GTR engine in with a R33 GTS-T box ( which we also have ) and go 2wd but that defeats the purpose of a 4wd stagea... :rolleyes:

Cheers

Ken

Don't tell me the purple VL is going??

As far as I know, the Stagea 4wd system is similar to the GTR so should bolt in.

Wiring will be the issue and best way would be put a manual 4wd box behind the RB26 cos I doubt the auto will take the grunt of yours for long.

We have a GTR sump and can get the GTR manual box easy.

Other way is to drop the GTR engine in with a R33 GTS-T box ( which we also have ) and go 2wd but that defeats the purpose of a 4wd stagea...  

Cheers

Ken

hey ken how ya goin, yes i am gonna be putting the stagea 25 into the vl and sell it and put the 26 and a gtr box into the stagea :)

i been told the stagea sump is exactly the same as the gtr ones, is that right???

ill prolly be goin for a recond gtr box or something so i know the condition of it :D

4wd it will stay

cheers

Brad

I would have thought the manual box would be more likely to die with the GTR engine in front of it...at least with the auto you can't dump the clutch...unless you do something silly like whack it from N to D!!!

stagea sump will fit on rb26

the hardest part of the conversion was the loom, we made it all work like factory, air con, diagnostics, we kept the original stagea 4wd system (it goes straight into a gtr transfer case no probs)

they are a heavy car tho, it takes a fair bit to make them get up and go