SAU Community

Get Together

Trip

I agree compleatly with Gus, we should get together to welcome OZR32GTR (and myself as well).

I meet Andrew (Superfly Skyline) on Monday, and would like to meet a few more of you. It would be nice to have some friends who don't think that a skyline is just a car!

Does anyone have some suggestions as to where, when and what?

My car spends most of its time sitting in the driveway at home or in the carpark at woden and i'm sure it gets very bored with that, so lets organise something.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ohh boo ya, i knew someone would listen to me soon enough!

ohh and please, call me Gus or Angus :cheers:

Edit: maybe soimething along the lines of another canberra SAU photoshoot, meet on a sunday again, take piccy's FIRST (means we'll have all people there) and then head off for a barbie and more piccies. i know this means that the sun wont be the best, but at least everyone will be there for the photo's and we wont have people leaving (for whatever reason that is)

so i guess this leaves a discussion for dates and times etc

my suggestion would be probly Sunday 17, or somewhere around that date??

It would be nice to have some friends who don't think that a skyline is just a car!

mmm...so true. First day i got mine i fell asleep in the back of it...ahh the shame :cheers:

I'd love to come to one of these meets, but only being an L plater driver and unable to drive my car till late november i'd have to drag one of my middle aged parents along as well if i wanted to bring my car :)

mmm...so true. First day i got mine i fell asleep in the back of it...ahh the shame :cheers: 

I'd love to come to one of these meets, but only being an L plater driver and unable to drive my car till late november i'd have to drag one of my middle aged parents along as well if i wanted to bring my car ;)

the more the merrier :)

Nothing wrong with middle aged, not all of us are still wearing 'kimbies'....lol, Skylines appeal to everyone [grey power].

On another note, I'll be in Canberra on Sunday 17th October anyway so thats convenient for me.

Yes they do appeal to everyone. I pulled into my local shops the other day and was checking out a grey 34 there, next minute a lady and her son jump out. I was shocked. She then came over and started to chat to me about our cars, was a nice surprise.

I'll be around on the 17th but I'm oncall so not sure if thats good.

Good to get some responses, I work pretty much every weekend, but only till 4 on Sundays and the days are getting longer as we speak so i thought I would throw out the idea of meeting on a sunday evening. We could meet, drive somewhere, throw a football, kick a soccerball or what ever, BBQ some dinner and crusie back with everyones hot plate lights burning.

What do you all think?

and if someone has a decent camera i could get a better pic of my car for my avatar because this one works in theory but the quality is pretty poor.

True, Skylines appeal to all people. My parents love driving my car, and i'm shocked to say are more leadfooted and reckless on the roads than me! My mum had a traffic light drag race the other day. I was in shock. :P I should be in, as long as i'm not working.

the sunday night idea sounds good, maybe on a saturday night insted. but i also think that i'd prefer to wait until summer for a nightime BBQ so maybe a resturant like the APK night we held for tosh awhile back??? i think we save the night BBQ for maybe a christmas time cruise, and we also make it a friday night so we can BBQ at like 6ish, then cruise through braddon or sumthin, i rekon 20+ lines would kill through braddon!

I'll be "in" for almost anytime other than the 16th/17th of this month-I'll be at the spiritual homeland that is Phillip Island!Go Rossifumi!Maybe once daylight saving is upon us a 6pm,midweek cruise or something?Oh,and just to whet your appetites,the photoshoot location hunt is progressing nicely for Photos,Part II...