SAU Community

Stagea Suspension

Sydneykid

Bushes (whiteline, noltec or whoever) let you run up to about 5o castor

Adjustable arms (noltec, JJR, whoever) let you run much more, up to 13o for some arms.

But in the 4wds like stageas you really shouldn't run more than say 8o anyway because it moves the front driveshaft out of place. Also the more caster you run the quicker your upper control arm bushes will wear.

i chose the arms for the reasons duncan stated and to save stuffing around (with presses) since it was a straight swap.

from memory, you can't get close to 8 deg on a series 2 stagea without removing the plastic guard. i think we got close to 6 deg.

the R33 has a fair bit more castor on it before the guards get touched.

Edited by wolverine

Hei Sk, when you are back let me know. Im getting the castor kit first this time and i will get the rest of the kit (swaybarsm subframe aligntment and camber kits) as a xmas present for my self!!! Let me know.

Hi

I am about to buy and fit the group suspension buy to my RB26 stagea in the UK.

Because of shipping costs the parts are being uk sourced . This is not a problem but I just need one detail confirmed.

The bilstein shocks (Front r3gtr rear gtst) in the UK are valved as std for a skyline

Do I need to get them revalved, ?

Thanks

i would guess yes you will nedd to get it revelve to suit. This is something you will need to discuss with Sk wheter he will let you know the valving rate. The front is the same as the Gtr and im assuming the rear valving will be at a heavier rate. Since the sagea is a hevier car at back.

Curious how much you paid for the blitien over there? It should be cheaper since it neater to germany.

• 4 weeks later...
i would guess yes you will nedd to get it revelve to suit. This is something you will need to discuss with Sk wheter he will let you know the valving rate. The front is the same as the Gtr and im assuming the rear valving will be at a heavier rate. Since the sagea is a hevier car at back.

Curious how much you paid for the blitien over there? It should be cheaper since it neater to germany.

my rears feel okay til i have the time to pull it down to get it revalved... Fronts feel slightly undervalved, might be okay because i am used to overvalved koni's. I rarely carry rear seat passengers, and dont put overly heavy things in the boot(hardly call a couple of small dogs heavy :turned:), so i am fine with the rear being undervalved...

Cool, does this mean that the stagea suspension group buy is still available? How did you go about ordering yours?

Pedders xtremes might not be cheap . But very efective . All parts for s2 are from r33 skyline ! Hope this is handy !

• 2 weeks later...
Cool, does this mean that the stagea suspension group buy is still available? How did you go about ordering yours?

Yeah - it is still on.

Cause sydney kid went on holidays i was dealing mostly with matthew instead of SK

but it still went fairly seamlessly - except for the wait for springs.

I have had to wait about 6 weeks start to finish to get them here (they get mailed from SK to my address today apparently). The biggest wait was for the springs which had to be cold wound in Japan - and because whiteline obviously don't ahve huge demand for stagea springs - you have to wait for around a month until they do the next run (having to reset up the jog or whatever and all that for it... it's an understandable delay)

ORder ASAP - and then you just sit on your hands and wait - Matthew (from superior suspension) has been very persistent with replying to my weekly inquiries regarding where everything was at which was very accomodating of him.

Go through SydneyKid as per usual (use the PM function to initiate the deal) - use the system that he set up - don't go straight to Superior suspension. He'll take care of you from there... it will just take time.

RESPECTA!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
hei guys,

anybody installed the camber kit for the front on their own? is it easy? Do you nees to take the controller arms off??

control arms stayed on, i got them done by Chris at Nissco, needed a press. Drive-in/Drive-out shouldnt be more than an hour.

-Ryan

cool thats where im going after xmas i cant beleive my camber is at -2 for the front but it drives very good though. But i didnt want to wear the tyres out though thats why im getting a super pro and probably stick to about -1.5 or -1.

Does anyone know how many circlip grooves the Bilstein shocks come with if ordered directly from Bilstein??

and roughly how much its costs to get more circlip grooves put in?

3 i think

you have PM

• 2 weeks later...

OK.. i just got a alignmnet in preparation for my trip down to tassy..

i remember there being something important about rear toe on stagea/gtr setups... meh...

stock ride height (or close enough - stock springs on bilsteins)

but here i go:

rear camber -ve 0.03' left

+ve 03' right

toe -ve 0.4mm left,

-ve 1.5mm right

front castor +ve 4.45' left

+ve 3.33' right

camber -ve 1.08' left

-ve 0.22' right

Toe +0.3mm left

-0.4mm right

so perfect for a commodore - but i thought there was a reason the insides of our tires wore out and we had rear toe... or am i on crack again...

what'dya all think ey???

remember this isn't for racing with - it's for driving down the entire east coast in :wave:

OK.. i just got a alignmnet in preparation for my trip down to tassy..

i remember there being something important about rear toe on stagea/gtr setups... meh...

stock ride height (or close enough - stock springs on bilsteins)

but here i go:

rear camber -ve 0.03' left

+ve 03' right

toe -ve 0.4mm left,

-ve 1.5mm right

front castor +ve 4.45' left

+ve 3.33' right

camber -ve 1.08' left

-ve 0.22' right

Toe +0.3mm left

-0.4mm right

so perfect for a commodore - but i thought there was a reason the insides of our tires wore out and we had rear toe... or am i on crack again...

what'dya all think ey???

remember this isn't for racing with - it's for driving down the entire east coast in :wave:

Hi Chris, (me first :) ) did you get your springs sorted yet?

Ref wheel geometry, these settings are from SK's thread for his road Wagon "front rear toe =zero, front camber = 1 deg neg, front caster as much as possible, left side 0.25 deg more than right for road camber issues, rear camber 0.5 deg negative.

Had mine done recently, numbers about the same as above, fr & rr toe + 0'01" , fr camber -1'10"left, -1'08"right, caster +4'2"left, +3'1" rear toe +0'01"lt & rt but just reading rear camber = awful. ( left - 1.44 deg, right +11.4 deg) typo? Dunno & dunno why I didn't spot it before but I doubt Wilkinson Suspension would make a mistake & the guy did say that he couldn't get correct camber setting at the time. Meh I just paid and drove off but next job is going to be fit those rear camber bushes wot been sitting in shed.

Cheers GW :banana: