SAU Community

Who DOES Insure In Perth

ONYX

Been asking around, and it seems that NONe of the major insurance co. are insuring imports anymore (what a crock).

Can anyone tell me who are good brokers in Perth, and what i would expect to pay (93 gts-t), considering the insurance would be in my dads name, with me as a nominated driver.

any help would be greatly appreciated,

thanx. :confused:

Yeh, they're not too bad... but i'm only saying that becuase noone else will insure me with an import.

Just remember if you get your car stolen... it's...

$1000 basic excess

$1000 Age Excess

$1000 theft excess.....

so $3k if it gets stolen, and $2k if you have a bingle!! (bleh!)

Originally posted by SeriesIIGTST

HBF don't insure imports

I was with them for 4 years and when i got my 'line they gave me the big f*$koffski. I'm with RAC now paying $1.3K on the same 96 series II Stritch9ine got a quote for :-) for 21yo.

Daym! Your with RAC ? How did that happen ? Nice work!

I am insuring with Torque Insurance (underwritten by Lumleys) and they seem to have a pretty good package, good policies and great pricing!

RAC cancelled a quote I had when I rang up to commence the insurance policy, so they can get stuffed IMO.

yeah i know the s15 / 200sx is not an import ... i was just getting to the point that they do cover young driver's :P

anyways ... i heard that insurance only cover's an accident involving an import if the cover is under their name ? eg. if the car's insurance is under my brother, and i crash it then insurance wont cover it`

anyone know if this is true ?

Originally posted by 34GTt

yeah i know the s15 / 200sx is not an import ... i was just getting to the point that they do cover young driver's :)  

anyways ... i heard that insurance only cover's an accident involving an import if the cover is under their name ? eg. if the car is under my brother, and i crash it then insurance wont cover it`

anyone know if this is true ?

all the different insurance companies are different on threir policy but it is fair to say if the car is under your farther, mother, brother ,sister even your pets. then you crash the car; I presume they wont like to be process your claim... would you if you are insurance company think about it!:P :uh-huh: