SAU Community

Best Adelaide Skyline workshops?

Campster123

1) Bill Keen at Turbotune.

2) Bill Keen at Turbotune.

3) Martin D at Willall racing.

GTR 34 all stock but with Power FC, HKS cat back and Apexi pods - 295 kW's - 450 Nm from 4000 rpm - 7200 rpm (at rear with front drive disconnected).

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill keen doesn't tune at Turbo Tune.. He's the brother of the Turbo Tune's owner.

Bill does all the turbo stuff at his place on Marion road. Can't remember the name of the business. ATS or something.

Bill does do good deals with hybrid turbo's.

He quoted around 2k for any type of hybrid buildup. (GT30 600hp core) with either a .6? or .8? exhaust housing. Basically he said try the the .6 exhaust a/r then for no charge you can try the .8? exhaust a/r.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my ebc put in at boostworx the other day for a very reasonable price (the cheapest i could find) and cant say a bad word about the service, my car was in and out in 2 hours as agreed with the ratios checked and a new power readout.

I have been to a few other performance shops and have been overcharged and dissappointed..... IMHO it's not always a case of "you get what you pay for"

As for servicing and fitting stuff like g/boxes etc... i have and always will take my car to nisscare (pt adel) where i usually deal with brenton (on leave atm). Good prices and always reliable.

Tried Tilbrooks and had a bitter sweet experience. Mark seems like a nice bloke and I have some faith in his diagnostic ability as he lifted the bonnet, listened for about 20 seconds and discovered about 3 vacuum leaks!

Then he passed it over to Mick..........he's a fast worker.....too fast for my liking......felt rushed and the results reflected his haste! Left me with a big bill, an expensive list of things to replace, a car that was less powerful, had a big flat spot and was chewing over 20l/100km!! Go figure :confused:

Matt (whatsisname) was kind enough to respond to my message of despair and suggested Shaun at Boostworx. Although some things are yet to be resolved, Shaun got stuck into it, got it running nicely again with power and economy back in balance again. As an added bonus, his bill for the tuning and fabrication work was very reasonable. He da man!!

Boostworx - highly recommended (I'll be back..........!!) :)

ive taken my 2 door 31 to turbo tune since i bought it, for any mechanical repairs. Treated well, price is a little dear i think, but its good for peace of mind. Ill be going back for a service/tune and camber adjustment alignment on the front wheels in a few weeks, ill post my experience

One of the lads at work runs a very tidy R31 GTS-X and swears by 'Fours and More' over at Pooraka. Supplied and fitted his Silver Top RB20 and have looked after the car ever since. Very reasonably priced and good workmanship.

I believe they have recently set up a Dyno facility too.

Would have tried them out before but I live on the other side of town and Shaun is much more convenient for me.