SAU Community

R33 GTR or r34 GTT

my brother has a Gtt and I have a 33GTR.

Both are stock and both are fantastic cars. the 34 is a really smooth car compared to 33 gtst and it feels quite a bit more powerful than stock gtst. the 34 seems to grip to the road better than a 33gtst, nicer interior, really good seats, and the traction control is good to have (incase your mum,dad, girlfriend,wife has to drive it in the wet!).

The GTR is definately more powerful, handles better, has really good bucket seats and has more potential to go really fast with a limited ammount of money put into it, for example my car was running 12psi stock, I removed the boost restrictor and it jumped to 14.5psi resulting in a gain of 25AWKW (with standard exhaust). slap on a full exhaust, camgears, PFC and with a good clutch you should be able to run very low to flat 12's or possibly quicker if running high boost and a few extra mods. to do the same consistently in the Gtt would require a turbo upgrade and all the things to go with it...

So I guess it depends what you want the car for: a newer, lower km, lighter on pertrol, cheaper insurance, drifting then buy the Gtt.

If it is pure performance and addictive 7G launches your after then I would go for the GTR

5. Stock R34 GT-T has same power as stock R34 GTR (well - at least on paper) and you can still get plenty more out of it.
haha :Bang:

Re: Maintenance - To me maintenance means things like; fluids, brake pads, tyres, filters. It doesn't mean upgrading turbo's, replacing exhaust systems, aftermarket computers, bodykits etc.

I have an R33 GTS-t, every 6,000km I put new fluids in it and replace some filters. No different to what i'd be doing if I had a GTR. So why does 'maintenance' cost more? Now if I wanted to spend money on upgrades the GTR is going to cost more, partly because its a "GTR" and shops charge more and partly because you need twice the parts.

So personally i'd be throwing the "maintenance is more expensive on a GTR so get a GTT" theory out the window and replace it with "if I want more performance out of a GTR it's going to cost more than a GTT".

The R33 GTR looks tough but it's also starting to get very old. I'd be getting the latest model I could find, where as the GTT is fresh and newer and (at the moment) rare but that always changes as soon as you buy the car. If you plan on doing trackdays, drags, etc then get a GTR, if you just want a daily driver and some cruising get a GTT.

dude, it's up to you, whatever you prefer in looks, and what you prefer to drive.

The GT-R feels like a different car to drive, it is soooo much nicer behind the wheel.

In terms of looks, it is personal preference.

I think R33GT-R is the best looking of all skylines. R34 has better interior...

Dun look at what other people think... whatever you think will make you happier.

I am in a similar situation now - I am tossing between an R32 GT-R and R33 GTS25t (it is all my budget will allow), and my concerns with the GT-R are:

a) age

B) I dun like the dashboard

but the performance and drivability of the GT-R cancel out the ugly dashboard factor for me, and age - well if I manage to get something stock with low km's (I plan to keep it stock), I know I will look after it. Sure I'll have wear and tear to attend to much earlier, but I love driving a GT-R over a GTSt, and that's what makes me happier.

make a list with pro's and cons for both cars, then give them a rating of importance. It might help you make up your mind.

If it were me, I'd go the GT-R any day, mostly b/c it is sooo much nicer to drive!

definately, definately the R33 GTR. Push the thought of r33 gtst's being riced up with gtr badges way out of your mind and buy the GTR.

IF you do end up buying the R34, they look hot as hell with some big wheels and dewinged. :(

Either car you buy your onto a winner.. but I recommend buying the GTR first.. I believe it will depreciate a lot slower than the GTT will. As much as r34 gtt owners on this site dont want to agree with me, I believe they will be dipping into the high $20k bracket within the next few years.. I think GTRs will strongly hold their value for years to come because they are a highly regarded enthusiasts machine.

PS. for everyone saying "Go something different, get a GTT..." I've seen more R34 GTT's driving around my area of brisbane than I have seen actual, genuine, real rb26dett equipped r33 gtrs driving around. :)

GT-R.

Sure the R34 is newer and fresher looking for now. But they are completely different cars built for completely different reasons. As was mentioned above a GT-R will hold its value much better than a GTT, particularly if they get commmon. Once people are over the 'it's an R34' factor their values'll drop.

It looks as if you can get an R33 GT-R in good nick for $35k. Even in unique cars where prices are usually exaggerated they are priced around that figure for a low km one that has been in the country for quite a while. You shoule be able to find one that is in good nick and low kms which factors out the older age of the R33 model.

It comes down to taste and what you want. The newer R34 exterior and interior, or a ball tearing GT-R.

I know what I'd choose.... but that 's just my opinion.

I actually think the R33 GTR look better and more modern.

Are you outa your mind? haha 33's are the ugliest outa the Skyline BNR clan and the 34's do look more modern althought the actual skyline shape isnt that modern which is why they went radical with the 35.

On the topic its a toughy but i think i would go the 33 gtr. Simple fact is its a gtr! GTt will be common in the next few years unless import rules change dramatically. So the price will drop dramatically. 30-40k for a 34 gtt isnt worth it i rekn.