SAU Community

R33 GTR or r34 GTT

Hi Guys,

In the past few months i have sold my TT Supra due to buying a house. Since that time i have scraped up enough funds (about 30 - 35k) and am looking at buying either the R33 GTR ot the R34 GTT. I have not driven either.

I like the look of the GTT but am not sure about the power. Should i just go with the GTR. I want looks but i need power.

If i had the $$$ i would deff buy a R34gtr.

HELP

Brenton

sadly very suseptable to ricers with gtst's and seem

you callin all us ricers :) j/ks

but yea i would get an r34 gt-t especially if you are buying a house as maintenance on a GTR will cost alot more. personal preference

ps your post does only say 30 - 30k so i dont know why you sar saying "as it states 30 - 35k ???

ps your post does only say 30 - 30k so i dont know why you sar saying "as it states 30 - 35k ???

Does it matter ... it's only 5k .... not like he's saying I have between 10 and 40k so I'm looking at either a Silvia or a Supra TT Aero top !!!

I reckon of the two go an R33 GTR. Lots of power and the GTRs look great with the pumped guards and tough stance.

Try and get a Midnight purple one ...... mmmmm ........ :wassup:

You wont get a decent R33 GTR for $30-$35, though some "experts" will try and convince you otherwise.

If you want the GTR I would set yourself a budget of at least $40k, otherwise go for the GTT. While the GTR has obvious advantages, the GTT is still an excellent car.

Youll get a descent stock 95 R33 GTR for $35,000 if you look around (non vspec)

But seeing you havent driven either, ide suggest for the next few months do some serious test driving of a number of different ones, while learning as much about them on here as possible.

I wouldnt be spending more than 10K on any car unless i knew it very well.

hahah, lets not go there again :D

i've never driven any Skyline in my life, but i went out and bought a R34 GT-T. I think well know a R33 GTR and R34 GT-T are going to be great cars. But with the price you're looking at i wouldn't bother with a GTR. It would HAVE to be 1995, done a lot of k's and condition will be dodge.

$35k on the other hand will get you a very nice 1998/1999 R34 GT-T, good condition, and maybe a few basic goodies. I think the point raised about maintenance costs is very valid as well. There are a lot of 2 x parts for the GTR engine :D Also a little more expensive.

Go R34 GT-T, not really biased as i haven't driven my car and haven't driven a 33 GTR either :D

cheers.

r34 gtt and r33gtr wont have a large (but will be noticeable) difference in performance. (im talking absolutely standard)

if you modify the gtr will chop the gtt in most cases :D

how much money do you expect to spend on maintenance?

if the answer is not much get the gtt, because the gtr will cost lots to fix if things go wrong (also more chance of going wrong, and more things to go wrong!)

also insurance is more expensive for a gtr depending on how old you are the difference may change.

if you do more "spirited driving" i am sure you would enjoy the gtr more :D

I'd go the R34 GT-T over the R33 GTR any day (Well, actually, I did :rant:).

1. R34 looks better

2. R34 is newer

3. R34 is rarer

4. R34 is better value

5. Stock R34 GT-T has same power as stock R34 GTR (well - at least on paper) and you can still get plenty more out of it. R34's also have VVT

Of course the pluses for the GTR

1. Well - it's a GTR :rant:

2. More torque

3. More mod potential

4. AWD

Jarred

You wont get a decent R33 GTR for $30-$35,  though some "experts" will try and convince you otherwise.

If you want the GTR I would set yourself a budget of at least $40k, otherwise go for the GTT. While the GTR has obvious advantages, the GTT is still an excellent car.

:rant:

LW.

Considered an R32 GTR plus a runaround sh1tbox?

For your budget, you could afford a nice GTR that's already had a rebuilt motor, brakes replaced etc plus you have a car that you can leave in the pub car park on a Friday night without stressing. Also enables you to do mods/maintenance without affecting your transport reliability.

It's up to you but it works for me!

I'd go the R34 GT-T over the R33 GTR any day (Well, actually, I did :D).

1. R34 looks better

2. R34 is newer

3. R34 is rarer

4. R34 is better value

5. Stock R34 GT-T has same power as stock R34 GTR (well - at least on paper) and you can still get plenty more out of it.  R34's also have VVT

Of course the pluses for the GTR

1. Well - it's a GTR :D

2. More torque

3. More mod potential

4. AWD

Jarred

I actually think the R33 GTR look better and more modern.

Considered an R32 GTR plus a runaround sh1tbox?

For your budget, you could afford a nice GTR that's already had a rebuilt motor, brakes replaced etc plus you have a car that you can leave in the pub car park on a Friday night without stressing.  Also enables you to do mods/maintenance without affecting your transport reliability.

It's up to you but it works for me!

R34 GT-ts will become very common in the near future.